Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Footwell Lights.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you change the front footwell lights to some brighter ones? Or are those the stock lights that came with the car?

Just trying to get an idea to see which front footwell lights will match the rear LED strips underneath the front seats for the rear footwells.

Yes, upgraded front footwell & door puddles with Abstract Ocean plug n play lights.

Reactions: SDM44
I found this post very helpful if you want some OEM style connectors....

Reactions: aspushkin
I found this post very helpful if you want some OEM style connectors....

While splicing was an option, I decided to spend a bit extra and ordered connectors from the post you qouted. Total cost of everything was 24 dollars, where 7 was the cost of shipping connectors (ordered a lot of extras), and $1.20 for a pair of blue lights. Same connectors from aliexpress are free shipping, so if you are not in rush - this 80 dollar set will cost you around 6 dollars and 25 mins of time.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    674.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: corndog
Nice job! I didnt want to wait, so I just got the soldering iron out and made some connections with the extra adapters that came with the lights. I went with the four pack of blue posted in this thread from Amazon and zip tied them from the bar under the front seat. Turned out great. All in I am probably sitting at $45, $35 for the 4 pack and about $10 for a spindle of 20 Gauge wire. Thanks for everyone's input and if anyone is still trying to decide on blue, I went with it and love it.

Nice job! I didnt want to wait, so I just got the soldering iron out and made some connections with the extra adapters that came with the lights. I went with the four pack of blue posted in this thread from Amazon and zip tied them from the bar under the front seat. Turned out great. All in I am probably sitting at $45, $35 for the 4 pack and about $10 for a spindle of 20 Gauge wire. Thanks for everyone's input and if anyone is still trying to decide on blue, I went with it and love it.
A bit confused why $35 for lights? Isn't it $12.99 for 4 pack ? https://www.amazon.com/YSY-Universa...ning&qid=1607823400&sr=8-2&th=1&tag=tmc064-20
Still huge markup:) those lights cost cents on aliexpress.

Abstract Ocean "T" Ultra-Bright LED Premium Puddle Lights (blue) with Premium Rear Footwell Lights for Model Y
in Blue:
View attachment 614844 View attachment 614845
Well then… <pulls out wallet> we already have the door lights… I’ll have to buy these now. Looks stunning with the white interior(which is a huge part of why we love the car)

thread a bit aged but still. Great pic thank you.

Well then… <pulls out wallet> we already have the door lights… I’ll have to buy these now. Looks stunning with the white interior(which is a huge part of why we love the car)

thread a bit aged but still. Great pic thank you.
I’ve had mine for a few months… but have been too lazy to install them yet. I decided I would this weekend, which apparently is going to be like the hottest weekend of the summer… fantastic…. Lol

Reactions: Peelz