Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Liftgate Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have the power liftgate on my MS and recently i moved to a new home where there is a problem with the height of the full open liftgate. I know for the power liftgate you can set the open height, so my question do you know of a way or a product to limit the open height of the manual liftgate?

Thanks!

Low tech 2: Or stick a rubber bumper strip along the top trailing edge of the rear hatch lid... so when it opens fully the rubber prevents sheet metal from hitting the concrete ceiling above you.

If there's pipes and things overhead, then ... see Low tech option #1 in previous post.

Low tech 2: Or stick a rubber bumper strip along the top trailing edge of the rear hatch lid... so when it opens fully the rubber prevents sheet metal from hitting the concrete ceiling above you.

If there's pipes and things overhead, then ... see Low tech option #1 in previous post.

There are pipes... I'm thinking of just wrapping the pipes in a towel so if the lift gate hits them it wont damage the car.

..There's that too.. if it's your regular spot may as well wrap the pipes.

Here's an idea: get the kids toy "pool noodles" some have a hollow core. Split the noodle length-ways with a razor knife and snap it over the pipe. Or cut it spirally and wind it on to accommodate pipe that is fatter than the hollow core would normally accept.

If you actually do this, I want to see a posted photo!

..There's that too.. if it's your regular spot may as well wrap the pipes.

Here's an idea: get the kids toy "pool noodles" some have a hollow core. Split the noodle length-ways with a razor knife and snap it over the pipe. Or cut it spirally and wind it on to accommodate pipe that is fatter than the hollow core would normally accept.

If you actually do this, I want to see a posted photo!

Love your spiral option with the noodle, i will give it a try. if it doesn't work ill just slice the noodle in half and cable tie it to the bottom of the pipe.