Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear parking sensors intermittently do not work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see there was firmware updates in the past that broke the front sensors but for me, for quite some time now, my rear parking sensors will not work...but only occasionally. And when it refuses to work, it just won't work period. See the video here:

Neither the chimes nor the proximity alerts show on screen. I can go back and forward all day long and it just won't work when it stops working.

Has anyone seen this? I have been to the SC before for it and they just tell me they can't reproduce it.

I would recommend posting also on the Tesla forum, if you have not already done so. I was one of the folks who suffered through the failure of the front sensors over this past winter. Try to keep notes on when it works and when it doesn't, e.g firmware version, temperature, time of day, rain/wet etc., etc., to see if you can spot a pattern. I think that the posts on both forums on the front sensors failure helped narrow the conditions of failure, and thus helped narrow the cause. Mine were temperature related; others, rain (e.g. pagemakerss75). Good reporting of data helps to narrow the potential causes. The failure I had over the winter was really a PITA, but I think we all have a role in helping to define the problems and helping to find a solutions.