Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Roof Glass Defect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is the consensus that defrost glass burn will be replaced under qarranty?
20190113_144745.jpg

yes, that is exactly what happened to mine. they replaced it without question. unfortunately the rear glass no longer has that red aura when it gets wet. mine was coincidentally delivered right about the same time yours was, early october.

question... was your rear glass tinted before it burned out? I ask because mine was fine until just a week or two after having it tinted and i'm wondering if that might have had anything to do with it.

... so far all the issues my m3 has had
  1. another semi-issue is braking rasping and poor braking performance. requires an excessive force to brake vehicle no matter the regen setting. can hear rasping sound while braking at low speeds, the kind of sound you hear when brake pads are worn and the rotor is being scratched by the pad backing. haven't driven other m3's so this might be normal? tesla tech said it was.

I have a similar noise when pressing the brake pedal when starting a drive. After driving a while the sound goes away. Is this really normal? Strange scratchy noise like worn pads.

Reactions: groovyd