Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear screen zoomed in after update 2022LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope everyone is doing well. After the latest update , the rear entertainment screen is zoomed in and way off on the touch screen calibration. When you click something it actually activates an icon much more to the right . Also the screen is way zoomed in , not like before that was very even and centered .

Is there a way to rest this or Has anyone seen this ?

TIA
Force

I feel like something changed on the rear screen, it looks like the aspect ratio is off or something. I don't look at the rear screen much but my 5 year old mentioned it and now I keep staring at it to figure out if it changed or not. I don't have the issue where the wrong button gets hit but to me the screen does look a little funny.

Just oicked up our plaid today and have this issue too. Here's a picture of what I think the op is referring to.

Attachments

• 20220609_010630.jpg
    20220609_010630.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 139
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Yeah can confirm HVAC controls are fine. I wonder how many owners have this issue and if it's just due to the most recent SW update
Yes, latest non FSD software related, 100% sure mine was working fine just before updating, and had an issue right after updating.

Just anecdotal of course but haven't heard of any refreshed S / X with 16.1.1 that did NOT have this issue. Essentially it appeared to effect ALL with the rear screen....

Good news is that it can be fixed though. Just need to mirror a video from the front screen to the rear.

I used YouTube, started a video up front, left it playing, went to the rear, clicked on the YouTube link on the bottom, came up correctly.

Closed both and tried to JUST load it in the rear and the aspect ratio is fixed.

Other have reported the same.

Yes, latest non FSD software related, 100% sure mine was working fine just before updating, and had an issue right after updating.

Just anecdotal of course but haven't heard of any refreshed S / X with 16.1.1 that did NOT have this issue. Essentially it appeared to effect ALL with the rear screen....

Good news is that it can be fixed though. Just need to mirror a video from the front screen to the rear.

I used YouTube, started a video up front, left it playing, went to the rear, clicked on the YouTube link on the bottom, came up correctly.

Closed both and tried to JUST load it in the rear and the aspect ratio is fixed.

Didn't know I had the issue until I saw this - and thank you for the fix... it worked as described.

Reactions: Daniel454

Appreciate the helpful fix!

I got the 16.1.2 version a couple nights ago, it downloaded and updated very quickly...
Makes me wonder if it was only a few minor bug fixes including the rear video fix?

At first I thought that might be the ONLY fix included but then I noticed it going to 3s and Ys which don't have that screen.

Not sure, after the above steps were taken, the rear screen worked correctly and that did not change after .2.... 🤷‍♂️

I got the 16.1.2 version a couple nights ago, it downloaded and updated very quickly...
Makes me wonder if it was only a few minor bug fixes including the rear video fix?

At first I thought that might be the ONLY fix included but then I noticed it going to 3s and Ys which don't have that screen.

Not sure, after the above steps were taken, the rear screen worked correctly and that did not change after .2.... 🤷‍♂️
16.1.2 did not fix it. I had to do the front screen mirror trick yesterday for the first time to address it.

• Informative

My kids thank you 🙏 me too! 😃 this trick worked great!