Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Area Dimensions for Dog Car Conversion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there!

I've got my MY on order, and I'm wondering about my dog-car conversion. I converted the back of my 2007 Outback, to a flat dog bed by filling the footwells with little benches, then putting some foam across to make a flat bed from door to door. Put a seat cover underneath to protect the seats, and a doggie blanket overtop to sop up the wet (and make for easy washing) and it works an absolute treat. Maggie our dogter loves it (and so do we). I split the foam and benches half and half, so we can still transport a human back there if needed. Though Maggie doesn't love sharing (and neither do we).

I need some dimensions so I can start building the bed. See the pic attached.

A: Shortest distance between console and front of rear seats.

B: Distance from leading edge of rear seats and seat back.

C: Height of rise of seat bottoms. If there's a big difference between the side seats and middle, I can use that too. (This is for the triangular foam wedge to flatten out the bed).

D: Height of seats from the floor of the car.

E: Narrowest width of foot area (so I know how wide benches to make/buy.

Thanks so much!
Rockchurch

PS: Yes I know most of you think I'm crazy. But have you considered that I think you're even more crazy?

eLsrX4o.png

Wow show me what you do. We have a golden and a Pomeranian so this could be fun

Will do! The dogs love it. Maggie's a 65lb pittie rottie cross (100% schmooper booper). And our new thousand year old senior frenchie, T-Bone loves it too. I love watching them snooze back there.

I had been thinking about it for a while, but then twice in a week some jackanape made me slam on the brakes and Maggie went into the footwell, and I decided to get the project done. It was super easy and she's a super good road tripper now.

Will do! The dogs love it. Maggie's a 65lb pittie rottie cross (100% schmooper booper). And our new thousand year old senior frenchie, T-Bone loves it too. I love watching them snooze back there.

I had been thinking about it for a while, but then twice in a week some jackanape made me slam on the brakes and Maggie went into the footwell, and I decided to get the project done. It was super easy and she's a super good road tripper now.

Here’s my setup

7157F4B1-6D07-4D0A-B850-2D37252154CD.jpeg
6BDACD49-B314-45E5-8A4C-F706F9B79BE3.jpeg