Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Cover Recommendation (for use with Car Seats)

Orbsitron

Feb 19, 2017
Seattle
Hello!

I'm very likely going to order a Model Y this week! I'm excited. I'd like to protect the rear seats as I'm going to have 3 car seats for kids (ages newborn to 3 years old at the moment) so the back seat area will likely get very messy.

Does anyone know of seat covers that fit the 2nd row rear seats (5 seat configuration, no 3rd row) of the Model Y tightly? I'd like it to look as much like the seats as possible and not like a cover/barrier.

Ideally these seat covers would be some kind of cloth so I can toss them in the washer when they get too messy and ideally, they come in white.

Does such a product exist?

Thanks!
Jared

JLOC

Jun 10, 2020
Orange County, CA
Hello!

I'm very likely going to order a Model Y this week! I'm excited. I'd like to protect the rear seats as I'm going to have 3 car seats for kids (ages newborn to 3 years old at the moment) so the back seat area will likely get very messy.

Does anyone know of seat covers that fit the 2nd row rear seats (5 seat configuration, no 3rd row) of the Model Y tightly? I'd like it to look as much like the seats as possible and not like a cover/barrier.

Ideally these seat covers would be some kind of cloth so I can toss them in the washer when they get too messy and ideally, they come in white.

Does such a product exist?

Thanks!
Jared
I do not have any experience with these seat covers, but how about something like this:

I personally used the car seat protectors we already owned (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008J3UD2U and https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080HPXHU). For me, the Britax one (the second link) worked better, as I could get a tighter fit, with less slipping, even though the Britax does not afford as much coverage.

There was another post here in the forums, and a few people seemed to like the Munchkin Brica Elite (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B7M7BKW/). I tried the Brica, but I found them to be too big to fit two car seats side-by-side.

Reactions: Orbsitron

pho35

Aug 20, 2020
Texas
Echo the same on using the el cheapo carseat protectors. Been using the same set for years between cars. I can take some abuse from the kids and the food. :)

wackojacko

May 17, 2018
Toronto
I bought a basic car seat bench cover in pleather (feels like leather!) at an auto parts store (Canadian Tire up here!!!) but something you'd find a advance auto parts or walmart. I just use the bottom not the seat back, I found that bunched too much and most of the kids crap falls down!

it's not perfect but good protection and I use this under each seat (2)

and for the front backs, this one is the largest of these I could see.

Orbsitron

Feb 19, 2017
Seattle
Thanks, everyone! I'm thinking of the Taptes option as it will keep the rear seats looking as close to the factory as possible and still protect the actual seats from the car seats.

I really appreciate all the suggestions and the proven examples, including with up to three car seats (which is in my near future, God willing)!!

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
Whole thing covered

VIEWPETS Bench Car Seat Cover... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BTPSWC6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
EEE71A5B-8AF1-48AF-A432-46DA69573717.jpeg

ChrgdTeCHick

May 7, 2017
Florida
I suggest covers like These because they will help with the indents car seats will leave on your seats. I used them in my S but would use them in my Y if my kids were still in car seats

Attachments

• OI000004.jpg
    OI000004.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 37

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC