Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Heaters Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still amazed why Model 3 doesn't get a heated steering wheel but they get rear seat heaters. Which of the two features do folks think will get used more?

For me, it's a heated steering wheel. Back seats get used once or twice a year, and even if used more you still need a driver.
Just preheat the car...your steering wheel won’t be cold

i don't understand why Tesla is delivering (and selling) the SR+ with rear heated seats and then taking them away, without offering a path to upgrade. i see a lot of dismissive comments saying "next time get premium" or "read the options" but I think they're poor excuses.

this isn't a case of "hey you bought an SR and we're keeping you at an extended range for a limited time" issue - Tesla is selling these vehicles with the heaters as a selling point.

I had mine for 3k miles before they finally went away and I think it's dumb. why not just leave them there? if they're going to include them as an option for the premium connectivity that's still yet to happen, why not be more transparent about it? the SR+ didn't "get" any other feature from the premium package and the software had the rear seats working. why take them away?

Reactions: richtrav
Same here. Kids were upset. I guess they traded seat heaters for Beach Buggy Racing.
Mine are in car seat and booster seat still so heated rear would make no difference. I am sure they will enable it, offer upgrade, or have a hack by the time anyone in my back seat cares. :) Crazy the hardware is there and they gimp the software. I think they are doing it backwards.

Mine are in car seat and booster seat still so heated rear would make no difference. I am sure they will enable it, offer upgrade, or have a hack by the time anyone in my back seat cares. :) Crazy the hardware is there and they gimp the software. I think they are doing it backwards.

If they had it software disabled from day 1, then fine. But we had it for months, and all of the sudden it was gone, with no communication. That's not cool. Tesla should have just said, we goofed, you get it for free, but new cars won't have it.

If they had it software disabled from day 1, then fine. But we had it for months, and all of the sudden it was gone, with no communication. That's not cool. Tesla should have just said, we goofed, you get it for free, but new cars won't have it.
Yea, should have been a positive to being an early adopter IMO as well... Don't sell a car with SR+ software to meet your sales quota for the quarter and then gimp the SR cars later, also dropping SR+ price, making the difference negligible. Not that big of a deal, but just kind of cheesy. Still a way better value than my early LR AWD so there is that...

Reactions: C141medic
Yea, should have been a positive to being an early adopter IMO as well... Don't sell a car with SR+ software to meet your sales quota for the quarter and then gimp the SR cars later, also dropping SR+ price, making the difference negligible. Not that big of a deal, but just kind of cheesy. Still a way better value than my early LR AWD so there is that...
my biggest problem was the salespeople had no clue they weren't standard and touted it as a feature of the SR+ i test drove.

• Informative
Reactions: super20g