Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seatbelt buckles issues!

Do you think the buckles in the pictures...

• Are too much at an angle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are just right

• Mine look like that!

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!
I have a newish M3, collected early March 2020.
I finally have an appointment on the 30th (after it being moved 3 times due to the virus..) to address all issues reported on delivery... ( A LOT of small issues)

I have just now noticed (as I don’t usually have anyone sitting in the back) that the two buckles that sit in the slot are sooooo far inside and at an angle that is almost impossible to do the seat belts!!!

I tried to pull them out but they just don’t come up at all! I have released (lifted) the rear seat to see if that would allow me more movement to pull the buckles out, and it did help by a few millimetres (hence I “managed” to do the seatbelts) But they are still so far back and at an angle that is almost impossible like I said to buckle them. It seems as if the “cord” that holds the buckles in is too short maybe an inch or two...
I have struggled for about 5 minutes to buckle each seat belt!!! My fingertips are soo sore you can’t even believe it!
and for the moment I’ll leave them buckled as I’ll have guests and I don’t want the car to set the warning off for the whole journey!!
And trust me, they won’t be able to do the seatbelt like normal humans!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Should I just make the service centre aware and hope for the best even though I haven’t reported it earlier?

I have attached some pictures, do yours look like this or are mine actually abnormally pushed too far in? (Note because they are buckled in the pic they are at a better angle, but they lower themselves if i unbuckle!)
The other pic is something online..

p.s. there are seat covers.. (no, those don’t affect the buckles, they were like this before, I just never tried to buckle them!)