Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Side Windows Shades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Forgive me if the question has already been answered but could not find relevant threads.
I want sunshades for my rear side windows. Don't want to tint, and as windows go up and down when opening the doors i think we need something custom or at least small enough.
Any recommended shades? Many thanks!!!

Hi
Forgive me if the question has already been answered but could not find relevant threads.
I want sunshades for my rear side windows. Don't want to tint, and as windows go up and down when opening the doors i think we need something custom or at least small enough.
The rear windows is frameless, so using a smaller shade or a kind of socks to cover the full windows should work?

91IeeM0sPWL._SL1500_.jpg

71PZF4bDXxL._SL1500_.jpg

A17WNi-YScL._SL1500_.jpg

I noticed those Side Triangular Window Sunshade for Tesla Model 3 which might make the rear seat latches less noticeable.

71wNK%2BVb-bL._SL1000_.jpg

Hey thanks. This is what I had in mind but wondered if there are some recommended references that have been tested and approved by other owners here :)

Read a lot about tinting windows yesterday, but would be happy with good shades for now I think m

Thanks, I was quoted $150 per side window with ceramic and i can’t justify the cost for the triangle windows. Said I would just do it myself on them. I think this will be cleaner than me botching the job.

most places can tint the car for you in something like formula 1 pinnacle ceramic tint for less than 500 for all windows, given the cost of these types of shades you might be best suited with tint. was there another reason to not go with tint?

I posted this thread a while ago regarding some retractable shades on eBay. I didn’t get any feedback on the forums, so I took the risk and ordered the shades. About a week later and before the items shipped, the seller (located in China) contacted me and said that the shades are defective and were scratching the windows, so they refunded my order.

So I went ahead with tinting (18%), and I’m very pleased with the result (I did not tent the rear windshield, by the way):

97DE0AAD-C065-4476-8701-16D66FE7A7CF.jpeg

Reactions: JenniferH and KenC
I posted this thread a while ago regarding some retractable shades on eBay. I didn’t get any feedback on the forums, so I took the risk and ordered the shades. About a week later and before the items shipped, the seller (located in China) contacted me and said that the shades are defective and were scratching the windows, so they refunded my order.

So I went ahead with tinting (18%), and I’m very pleased with the result (I did not tent the rear windshield, by the way):

View attachment 452908
Holy cow how do you get away with that? Nothing is legal on front windows in CA (but usually get away with 35-50) but 18?? Looks nice though!

Holy cow how do you get away with that? Nothing is legal on front windows in CA (but usually get away with 35-50) but 18?? Looks nice though!
I’ve gotten away with it to the extent that I haven’t been ticketed yet, lol. Don’t jinx me! But believe it or not, because the entire roof is glass, it actually makes the tint seem brighter when driving during the day. And the 18% seems almost necessary with how much glass our cars have

Reactions: bigroo42
Hi
Google blinds4cars and email the owner, he can produce them for almost any and every car! Cheaper than tints too!

Google blinds4cars and email the owner, he can produce them for almost any and every car! Cheaper than tints too!
I second this! I’ve ordered two sets of window shades for two different cars from Nigel - great customer service and very prompt shipping with very reasonable prices! He unfortunately does not have window shades for the Model 3, though - I think it may have to do with the frameless doors

I second this! I’ve ordered two sets of window shades for two different cars from Nigel - great customer service and very prompt shipping with very reasonable prices! He unfortunately does not have window shades for the Model 3, though - I think it may have to do with the frameless doors
I'm sure there are shades for model 3 with Nigel, it's just that they'd fall out when the door opens.

Because my brother said he'd be ordering them very soon.

I'm sure there are shades for model 3 with Nigel, it's just that they'd fall out when the door opens.

Because my brother said he'd be ordering them very soon.

Or might be updated in his inventory, but my brother emailed him and got to know they've been made.