Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler lower section delamination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to find anything about this online but I was wondering if anyone else's MX had suffered delamination of the lower spoiler section, and/or failure of the high level brake light?

I'm suffering from both and it looks like it will be approved £400 all in for all 3 parts , plus painting, and a few hours of cutting the old one out to fit the new units.
It looks like electrolytic corrosion for the underside has set in and then possibly applied too much pressure to the brake light and thus allowed water in and the failure.

I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance to take them in daylight.

I can't seem to find anything about this online but I was wondering if anyone else's MX had suffered delamination of the lower spoiler section, and/or failure of the high level brake light?

I'm suffering from both and it looks like it will be approved £400 all in for all 3 parts , plus painting, and a few hours of cutting the old one out to fit the new units.
It looks like electrolytic corrosion for the underside has set in and then possibly applied too much pressure to the brake light and thus allowed water in and the failure.

I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance to take them in daylight.
I believe I may be having the same issue with the spoiler- would love to learn more about your diagnosis and compare photos.

There's a long thread about this:

Many people have got it fixed for free, under the 12year body corrosion warranty!

I have the same problem myself, but haven't yet asked for a fix..

Good luck trying to get it sorted under warranty 😔

These are the pics of mine
1000092241.jpg
1000092240.jpg
1000092239.jpg

Luckily I don't need the middle light to pass an MOT in my country. This is the annual state inspection of a vehicle as it's classed as a supplementary brake light.