TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rear vents for back seat?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Philcasi, May 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Philcasi

Philcasi Member

if anyone rode in the test cars, did they have rear vents for the rear passengers? I live Texas with a 3 year old and one on the way. It's hot.

2. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Member

I also live in Texas and reserved a 3 so I looked around a bit for a clue to answer your question. Here's a pic from the reveal showing the back of the front seats and a bit of the center console. If you look carefully there appears to be trim for a/c vents in the center console:

3. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

it looks like vents in the back console 11 seconds into this video (maybe)

• Helpful x 1
  4. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

I don't think current Model 3 test cars are a good basis for guessing about this. We all know the interior is the area with the most work needed before it's ready for production.

But I think Model 3 will have rear vents, because it's designed to directly compete with the Audi A4 and the BMW 3series which both do.

• Like x 1
  5. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Even my A3 sedan has a vent in the back of the center console for rear passengers, so I think we'll see that make its way to the Model 3.

• Like x 1