TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear vents for back seat?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Philcasi, May 7, 2016.

1. Philcasi

Philcasi Member

if anyone rode in the test cars, did they have rear vents for the rear passengers? I live Texas with a 3 year old and one on the way. It's hot.

2. NoPetrolDream

NoPetrolDream Member

I also live in Texas and reserved a 3 so I looked around a bit for a clue to answer your question. Here's a pic from the reveal showing the back of the front seats and a bit of the center console. If you look carefully there appears to be trim for a/c vents in the center console:

3. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

it looks like vents in the back console 11 seconds into this video (maybe)

• Helpful x 1
  4. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

I don't think current Model 3 test cars are a good basis for guessing about this. We all know the interior is the area with the most work needed before it's ready for production.

But I think Model 3 will have rear vents, because it's designed to directly compete with the Audi A4 and the BMW 3series which both do.

• Like x 1
  5. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Even my A3 sedan has a vent in the back of the center console for rear passengers, so I think we'll see that make its way to the Model 3.

• Like x 1