Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear window crack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear window has developed a crack near where it inserts into the trunk area. I've read about this on the forums. The good news is Tesla agreed to replace the window under warranty. The bad news is that I have to drive 1.5 hours to a service center to get it done, get a loaner car and then return in 24 hours after the seal is cured. They said they could not do mobile on this. I will repost as to how all this goes Friday of this week.
This is the first problem I have had with this dual motor Model 3 that has been among the very best car I have ever owned.
stay tuned!

Reactions: SMAlset
How similar is it to this?
20190617_191723.jpg

IMG_4600.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4812.JPG IMG_4600.JPG I am waiting at Tesla Palm Springs/Cathederal City for a replacement. They are resisting calling it a warranty item. I noticed a small "chip" at the left bottom edge of the rear window with no corresponding damage to the trunk. It progressed to a crack all the way above the defroster lines. They are escalating it to the next level for determination if its a "stress crack issue." In the meantime they cannot accommodate it for today's appointment....

View attachment 449927 View attachment 449928 View attachment 449929 View attachment 449927 I am waiting at Tesla Palm Springs/Cathederal City for a replacement. They are resisting calling it a warranty item. I noticed a small "chip" at the left bottom edge of the rear window with no corresponding damage to the trunk. It progressed to a crack all the way above the defroster lines. They are escalating it to the next level for determination if its a "stress crack issue." In the meantime they cannot accommodate it for today's appointment....

That sure doesn't look like a stress crack to me. But glass can do funny things.