Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reason why Tesla does not offer bike hitch rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with an after market bike hitch rack instead of the Tesla bike mount rack.

I really like this setup except the problem I have with my bike hitch rack is the parking sensors going all crazy. I don't want to activate tow mode since it disable my suspension and drive assist.

Any thoughts to make this work?
IMG_20170113_091830.jpg

Wild idea. Duct tape the sensors. Most ultrasonic sensors will not operate if you can block the out going signal. A few manufacturers still do it today when fitting things like nudge bars, although the official procedures are to apply foam over the end of the sensor and tape in place

This is an issue with other vehicles as well. Just use it and ignore the sensors. Works just fine for me. Only sets off the sensors when backing so be extra careful it's clear behind you!

I think the "park assist" warning has even stopped chiming with every slow to a stop I perform. Which is nice. That's what annoyed me most. I'll verify next time I'm out.