Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reboot loop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am picking up my car again today. It was at the Service Center Groningen and they told me it was a "half installed firmware".

They were able to upgrade it to 2018.36.2 from 2018.21.9.

The car is ready for pickup and I'll do that later today. They say that all issues have been resolved now.

Reactions: Bogobec
It has been fixed. I have the latest firmware (2018.36.2) now.

A engineer from the US had to log in to my car remotely and clean up some half downloaded software. From what they told me it sounded like due to a bug it filled up it's local storage and that caused software to run out of free space on the local storage.

The cleaned the storage, updated the firmware and the problem was solved :)

Just picked up my new inventory Model S 100D last Tuesday and experienced the same reboot loop on MCU2. Car has been at the Service Center since yesterday.
Firmware 36.2.
The car was already on 36.2 when this started?

You might want to point them at my solution. As at first sight they thought it was a hardware issue which turned out to be a software problem.

Just picked up my new inventory Model S 100D last Tuesday and experienced the same reboot loop on MCU2. Car has been at the Service Center since yesterday.
Firmware 36.2.
In my case it was indeed a hardware issue. They tried to solve the (software) problem for a couple of weeks and then decided to change the MCU. Although my problem and the one described by @widodh are not exactly the same.

The car was already on 36.2 when this started?

You might want to point them at my solution. As at first sight they thought it was a hardware issue which turned out to be a software problem.

In my case it was indeed a hardware issue. They tried to solve the (software) problem for a couple of weeks and then decided to change the MCU. Although my problem and the one described by @widodh are not exactly the same.

In my case a factory reset on MCU2 seems to have resolved the problem. Firmware remains at 36.2 as they stated no Service Center is authorized to upgrade to v9. Makes you wonder about v9 if the Service Centers won't upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: widodh