Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilt air suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dark cloud

Apr 14, 2018
BC
Just browsing eBay and noticed an ad for rebuilt air suspension struts. Looks like a shop that has quite a bit of experience doing this work for various manufacturers such as Mercedes Audi etc. and they have a decent google review rating.

I don't think anyone has needed this Model S part replaced yet, but looks like a good option for when the time comes: about $500 each x 4 = $2000 for new air suspension; if you send them your cores even less, not bad I suppose.

There has been some questions regarding adjusting existing air struts to make them more plush or more stiff, maybe they have the ability to revalve existing air suspension struts for a nominal price. Anyone in the Florida area have experience with these guys for their other/previous cars?

Tesla Model S 2011-2015 OEM REBUILT Front Left/Right Air Strut Shock Spring Bag | eBay

Rebuild Master Tech Air Suspension, Engine Parts & More...

Just browsing eBay and noticed an ad for rebuilt air suspension struts. Looks like a shop that has quite a bit of experience doing this work for various manufacturers such as Mercedes Audi etc. and they have a decent google review rating.

I don't think anyone has needed this Model S part replaced yet, but looks like a good option for when the time comes: about $500 each x 4 = $2000 for new air suspension; if you send them your cores even less, not bad I suppose.

There has been some questions regarding adjusting existing air struts to make them more plush or more stiff, maybe they have the ability to revalve existing air suspension struts for a nominal price. Anyone in the Florida area have experience with these guys for their other/previous cars?

Tesla Model S 2011-2015 OEM REBUILT Front Left/Right Air Strut Shock Spring Bag | eBay

Rebuild Master Tech Air Suspension, Engine Parts & More...
This is awesome. Both my rear air struts started to leak last year, corrosion caused it. This option was not available a year ago when I was searching for replacements. I purchased new ones from tesla for $840 each.

Once out of warranty it's a great deal. They r easy to change.
Depends where you live. If you live somewhere where they put salt on the roads in the winter it's kind of a pain to do. Everything gets corroded.
I had tesla mobile service do two of mine and it took him hours to do, glad I just had him do it after it was done, he really struggled with it!

I'm wondering, would changing them be easier than changing the struts on a car with regular suspension?

I can't speak from experience, as I don't own a Tesla, but the air strut in my Mercedes went out(2005 E55, front struts). I bought remanufactured fronts from Arnott. The install was very simple, MUCH more simple than a regular strut/spring install. And I've done hundreds of those. The specifics escape me, but I specifically recall how easy it was to pull out the old air strut and swap with the new one. I think it took me 15 minutes per side (with air tools). Again, this was Mercedes, not Tesla, but from pictures, I assume it would be similar.

What I always hated, is compressing the traditional spring, removing it, and then reinstalling on new/replacement struts. The airbag/air strut eliminates this as they are combined.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: bredi