Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading 2013 MS to air suspension??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone upgraded their early MS from standard coil-overs to air suspension? I see all four air struts are available relatively inexpensively ($1500 for all 4) and I could easily plumb them up to an aftermarket air suspension pump/tank. Wondering if anyone has done this and is it just that "easy"? I'm not at all interested in installing all of the original Tesla equipment and having the option to adjust on the center screen, that's totally not necessary for my situation. I'm simply looking to add a little ground clearance for those extra snowy days. and maybe a little bit softer ride for my long commute.

Reactions: philip295
Perfect! Thanks, that is one of the controllers I was looking at.

In fact, now that I think about it, the air and coil models use the same control arms with the same ball mount for the ride height sensors. So, it's theoretically possible that you could buy brackets from an OEM air setup and mount the accuair level sensors to them so you don't have to recreate the wheel. IIRC, AccuAir has a "learn" function that will drop the car all the way down and raise it all the way up and derive setpoints from that automatically. You could Maybe even get the factory sensors to communicate with accuair to have an OEM+ setup, though I don't know what protocol they're using so that could be a risk.