Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilt Title Restoring Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Long story short, I got into a fender bender that didn't seem that bad on my '18 75D and ended up buying it back and repairing it. It's been driving great for the last couple of years and have been receiving updates like normal. However, I recently tried to supercharge and found out my vehicle was flagged. I rarely use this but would like to find a solution in case I need it. Are their currently any options to discuss this with Tesla or plead my case to restore? I apologize if this has been asked but they're weren't many detailed answers. Thanks again.

I think when Tesla disables the Fast DC charging capability, that means for both Tesla Supercharger and other brands like Electrify, EVgo... too.

I've read posts from people who could still CHAdeMO charge even though Supercharging was disabled. I've seen other posts where people couldn't DC fast charge at all. It's worth borrowing an adapter from someone and checking.

Upvote 0
I ordered the adaptor to work on Electrify America's station and they have 150kw and 350kw available. Not sure if the tesla can handle the 350kw and actually accept the power? Anyone have experience with this?

The car and the charger would talk to each other to get the correct maximum settings.

A Tesla should work fine with 350 kw charger even if the car itself does not have that much capability.

Upvote 0
I ordered the adaptor to work on Electrify America's station and they have 150kw and 350kw available. Not sure if the tesla can handle the 350kw and actually accept the power? Anyone have experience with this?

What kind of adapter did you order? Only the CHAdeMO adapter will work with your 2018 75D, which is no longer available from the Tesla USA online store, and it's limited to 50 kW (125 amps, if we're being technically correct). If you ordered a CCS adapter, it won't work.

Here's a link to the CHAdeMO adapter for reference. Note that this is the Australian online store. CHAdeMO Adapter

Upvote 0
I've read posts from people who could still CHAdeMO charge even though Supercharging was disabled. I've seen other posts where people couldn't DC fast charge at all. It's worth borrowing an adapter from someone and checking.

If you know how to write a computer code, you can re-enable the DC Fast Charging including Supercharging. However, that is not legal and Tesla can sue even if you only use non-Tesla DC Fast charging from third parties:

"Tesla made the controversial decision to ban salvaged models from using its charging network in early 2020. It claimed it did so for safety purposes and added that if any salvaged vehicle was found to have been modified to enable Supercharging or fast-charging through third parties, it could take legal action and seek compensation."

“Tesla reserves the right to deactivate Supercharging capability on any vehicle we believe would be unsafe. If a vehicle is found to have been modified to enable Supercharging and/or fast-charging through third parties, Tesla may take legal action and seek compensation.”

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Long story short, I got into a fender bender that didn't seem that bad on my '18 75D and ended up buying it back and repairing it. It's been driving great for the last couple of years and have been receiving updates like normal. However, I recently tried to supercharge and found out my vehicle was flagged. I rarely use this but would like to find a solution in case I need it. Are their currently any options to discuss this with Tesla or plead my case to restore? I apologize if this has been asked but they're weren't many detailed answers. Thanks again.
Hi I have salvage Tesla model 3 can I charge super charge in other than Tesla like EVgo or electrify of America supercharging station I bought ccs1 adapter but it is not working any idea how to charge ?

Upvote 0
Hi I have salvage Tesla model 3 can I charge super charge in other than Tesla like EVgo or electrify of America supercharging station I bought ccs1 adapter but it is not working any idea how to charge ?
For starters, we're going to need some more information
  • What year is your car?
  • Which CCS adapter did you buy?
  • What errors does the car display when you try to charge with your CCS adapter?
  • If you go to Car Menu > Service > Additional Vehicle Information, what does it say next to "CCS adapter support?"

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
When you say you bought a CCS1 adapter and it’s not working, what do you mean? Where have you tried it?

What year is your M3? Is CCS enabled?

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0