TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Recent Info From Buena Park SC

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by barjohn, Jul 12, 2018.

1. barjohn

barjohn Member

I had my car (3) in for a quick check before a long road trip and to have a few minor front fender adjustments. I had also ordered the plastic trunk trim piece. Just before I was getting ready to leave I asked the SA if he could tell me when I could expect the trim piece. He said he would go check with parts. When he came back he said you are in great luck because we just received a shipment so we can go ahead and install it at no charge. It really does make the trunk look more finished. I also asked about when there would be a fix for the echo on cell phone which he acknowledged 24.1 made worse. He said 26.x would significantly improve it but not fix it. That 28 was supposed to have the real complete fix for echo and bluetooth issues. I asked when and he said they never know until it appears but it should be soon on 26 but couldn't say when on 28.

Those of you wanting that trim piece should get there quickly before they are all gone.

2. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

What trim piece?

3. barjohn

barjohn Member

There is a trim piece that covers the area toward the back underside of the rear shelf. The black trim piece shown near the top of the photos. Cars started getting these around VIN 18000. There have been several other threads about this piece. It was not on earlier cars and made the shelf appear unfinished. IMG_2002.jpg

• Informative x 3
  4. NoMoreBMWs

NoMoreBMWs Member

??? Did you have to pay for this? How did you know about this and how to I go about obtaining one? Part #? Thx.

5. barjohn

barjohn Member

There were threads on this on Reddit, this site and the Tesla model 3 forum. The threads were about the changes made to the 3 since the earliest ones and included the seat changes, etc. I have attached an image of the invoice with the parts information. IMG_2004.jpg

• Helpful x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. chinnam3

chinnam3 Member

Mine is 16k VIN, and has this trim as well as new rear seats, but built first week of May,

7. barjohn

barjohn Member

The VIN is just a guess as Tesla doesn't always follow logic in VIN numbers.

8. NoMoreBMWs

NoMoreBMWs Member

Thanks, I look at my car tomorrow to see if it’s missing.

9. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

If it is a "before" pic would be nice to see

10. barjohn

barjohn Member

11. NoMoreBMWs

NoMoreBMWs Member

Here is my car- no trim. 012xxx vin.

Attached Files:

• Love x 1