Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent luck with Tesla honoring trade-in values after 30 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, in a bit of an awkward situation. I'm from MA and have a Tesla Model Y order that I was supposed to be picking up last Saturday 9/3. Unfortunately due to logistical delays at their Northeast railyard, my original appointment was cancelled and pushed back a day to Sunday 9/4. Unfortunately that appointment was cancelled for the same reason and my SA has told me they do not have any information yet on any new ETAs.

When I got the text telling me that Model Y had left the factory, Tesla's trade-in team reached out to me through text to get an estimated trade-in value of my current vehicle. With the sales tax offset in MA, Tesla's offer had actually beat CarMax by about $200 so I took it for both the value and convenience (also better than Carvana and Vroom). Now with Tesla's delays and no rough estimate, I am at risk of losing a couple thousand dollars in value with my trade-in due to the declining market. My SA told me that once the vehicle arrives and completes inspection (if the date is past the trade-in's expiration), they would reach out to the Tesla Remarketing Team to review an extension request.

That leaves me wondering .. has anyone here had any luck recently with Tesla honoring trade-in requests? Not sure if I should try to test my luck with them or try selling the car elsewhere now.

Also FWIW the loan and auto insurance policies are finalized, MVPA is signed by Tesla, and the outstanding balance has been paid off.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
How'd you make out?

My delivery date is 11/28, I have a purchase agreement, but my trade expired yesterday.

Will be interesting to see what they come back with on trade value, my loan agreement with the bank was based on that trade value.

I'm a little hesitant as trade values the last month have been going in the wrong direction in general.

Upvote 0