Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the crazy thing. So When I changed from MYLR on May 19th a week after I ordered I asked Tesla to do it and my order date changed to May 19th from the 12th. I have a second car on order and I make chnages to it myself all the time and the order date never changes. So fast forwar to today. I go in and drop towing on the MYP and the order date which had been May 19th since then, now says May 12. dropping the towing reverted my order date back to the original order date. Weird to say the least
Same experience. I didn’t have the option to make changes online myself, had to call Tesla to do it. Strange, they would still have record of down payment earlier so I’m hoping I didn’t lose over a month of postion in line.

I really regretted my decision yesterday after I cancelled towing out of frustration when my dates got pushed from 8/10-8/19 to 8/21-9/4. not because of the towing, I have another vehicle that can tow and I can add it later, but because I realized I would have to wait maybe 5 days to see what my new edd was going to be and as I had thought prior towing really isn't in short supply as some people are suggesting. Many people received vins yesterday with towing and there is no indication it's an issue. Yet, I drank the kool-aid. Luckily I didnt have to wait 5 days and my edd updated Just now to 8/15--8/29. Means nothing without a vin but at least I know they recognized the change and Im not in limbo for days wondering. Also a slightly better EDD but relatively the same.

Has anyone tried overnighting a check for the loan balance from your bank to Tesla? Just got a call from Everence stating that Tesla allows buyers to overnight a check, and they can release the vehicle just by receiving the tracking number for the shipment. Their wire department is really backed up, so this might be a quicker option, but it seemed a little odd to me that Tesla would be willing to release with just the tracking number for the check.

I reached out to Tesla but haven't heard back yet.

Same experience. I didn’t have the option to make changes online myself, had to call Tesla to do it. Strange, they would still have record of down payment earlier so I’m hoping I didn’t lose over a month of postion in line.
There are multiple ways to make changes to your order yourself. The easiest by far is to go into your app and make something like financing incomplete. chnage it from cash to third party loan. you don't need to choose a lender just leave it there so it says please complete your tasks. after that when you go to the website your car will have an edit design link on its page. you can change anything from there, color, towing, LR, P.

I have been reading this forum since my order date 5/28. I have a MSM/black MYP no extras.
First EDD was Aug-October,
EDD2 August17- September 27
EDD3 August 18 to September 15
EDD4 today August 19 to Sept 2

Location NYC

I am getting close and i was losing patients yesterday starting to look at other options. Maybe i get a VIN soon in time to lock in a good rate.

I have been reading this forum since my order date 5/28. I have a MSM/black MYP no extras.

Location NYC

I am getting close and i was losing patients yesterday starting to look at other options. Maybe i get a VIN soon in time to lock in a good rate.
Seem very unlikely you go another 2 months. Anything is possible but ultimately could consider locking anytime if you feel confident it won’t be 2 more months and if your ok applying again if it does.

Location NYC

You went from a 4 week to a 3 week window. You'll probably have delivery near the end of this month.

Get the Tesla loan and then refinance.
I guess that is one option… waiting to hear back from my credit union where my existing car is currently financed. They have fantastic rates and we’re pretty quick before (~3 days) but the weekend has me worried since Tesla is pushing for pick up by Aug 8th, even though I just got the VIN yesterday morning… (previous to that I was estimated as mid September to mid October)

I would feel better if I had till Wed/Thur of next week.