Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometime between 5 am and 7 am this morning my EDD shortened to 12/6-12/20! Let the anxiety continue 🤣. My husband asked why our entryway looked like a warehouse lately so hopefully all of this pre-buying of bling will be put to good use soon. So excited... #75threfreshoftheday

MYP | MSM/Black Int | No Tow | No FSD | OD: 10/12/21 | Ch to White Int 11/2 | EDD: 12/3/21-12/31/21 12/6/21-12/20/21 | No VIN

Attachments

• 6230D25E-4821-4AE2-8C28-5D73002DCB80.jpeg
    6230D25E-4821-4AE2-8C28-5D73002DCB80.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Viv1984 and KAUSTIN
I read somewhere that several people were getting billed twice for the same car, having multiple down payments extracted or even having second orders created that they never authorized... and Tesla making it difficult to get the money back in a timely manner. One of the recommended ways of avoiding that was paying via cashier's check... or so I heard. Maybe someone else has additional info... or maybe cashier's checks are just convenient?
When I picked up my vehicle last year I brought a check with me and that's what I will do this time. There's absolutely no way I'd pay before inspecting the vehicle. We're not there yet with Tesla.

When I picked up my vehicle last year I brought a check with me and that's what I will do this time. There's absolutely no way I'd pay before inspecting the vehicle. We're not there yet with Tesla.
Yeah, that completely makes sense. I don't know how I'll do it. I definitely plan to finance some of it though, so a straight up cashiers check isn't in the cards.

That and I'm starting to wonder what interest rates are going to look like in 2-3 months. The fed's likely about to tighten things up.... and we could be back to the days of 3.5-4% interest rates on car loans =(

Yeah, that completely makes sense. I don't know how I'll do it. I definitely plan to finance some of it though, so a straight up cashiers check isn't in the cards.

That and I'm starting to wonder what interest rates are going to look like in 2-3 months. The fed's likely about to tighten things up.... and we could be back to the days of 3.5-4% interest rates on car loans =(
You can still bring the bank check to delivery even if you take out a loan.

MYP Blue/Black/Tow, OD 11/04, EDD just pulled in from 12/12-12/31 to 12/11-12/25. I really don’t want to miss the tax incentive. I purposely waited until lead times were in January. Doh!
Unless things have changed, I think you can still ask them to hold delivery for a month or two. If that's what's important, I'd hold delivery.... or really risk things and play the 'pay more now to hopefully get even more later' game. Sounds like it'll cost you $2,250 since it appears you may have ordered right before the first of the two most recent price jumps.... so definitely best for you if they just put it on hold!

Ha, me too!

I called that location earlier today and it sent me to their call center (I'm assuming anyway) and just confirmed that my delivery location has remained the same. Now I just gotta hope that my delivery day doesn't slide around too much at the last minute, as it's about a 5.5hr drive for me that I have to plan for.

If we happen to be there at the same time, lunch is on me =)