Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered last night ( 3-25-2021 MYP MSM / Black ) stated 1-10 weeks which they changed from last week where it said 1-3 weeks.

Less than 24 hours today, I have a VIN in the 151xxx Range/ Production Date of 21st of March and ready to delivered to me in 2-4 days.

Feels like a new girlfriend moving in with you, moving super fast from purchase date to delivery.

Reactions: Flightgamer
Reserved back in October 2020 before the FSD price hike and managed to save it until now. Confirmed order on 3/22, received VIN 157xxx the following day. Delivered today and trouble free minus a passenger door handle that was slightly sunken like the other MYP in this thread. Pearl White on white, Tow, and FSD. Traded in a VIN 37xx Model 3 LR that has been awesome and was lucky that it had no major issues for the 3 years we had it.

Thanks. Do you know if the VINs are issued sequentially? Seems strange to have so many performance models being delivered with 151,xxx and 157,xxx VINs and one show up with 121,xxx.
They are not issued sequentially. Originally I was match with a VIN 140XXX with built date 2/25 but it has defect. Then I was matched with a VIN 139XXX with a March built date. However, 121XXX it is kind a bit too far off...

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that up and sorry about your issues...

I wonder if your "buffeting" is the same issue described here, and I wonder if it can be attributed to differences in software or hardware.

No, it's not this, at least it's not something fairly consistent every 15 seconds. It seems more attributed to any imperfections at all in the road/bumps that cause these very deep thunks that you can definitely feel with your ears. And it's worse at lower speeds than at highway speeds (although our highways here are pretty smooth for the most part, which could be why it seems better on them). I haven't played around with adjusting the hatch just yet, but going to do that today.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that up and sorry about your issues...

I wonder if your "buffeting" is the same issue described here, and I wonder if it can be attributed to differences in software or hardware.
Actually, now that I think about it, this is a separate issue and I'm experience this as well when the car is just sitting idle but the air conditioning is on. I think this is related to the heat pump -- I turned the AC off and it was blissfully silent. Turned AC back on, and it was fine for a short bit (less than a minute probably), and then that deep "base" began again, as if the heat pump just kicked on. So, potentially two separate issues causing this type of noise or buffeting. Not really impressed, considering both 3s we have do not have these problems. Not sure what I'm going to do if Tesla cannot or will not fix these problems (in particular the buffeting while driving).

THERE'S HOPE. Took delivery of our MYP yesterday. VIN 129xxx, born 3/21. Flawless. Very minor (and I mean minor) things. I used the checklist somewhere else in this forum to do a thorough (and tedious) check of every little bit of the car. I don't remember ever doing anything like this for any of our previous car purchases. I know there have been people with issues (and that I've had the car for barely 24hrs), but for all of you who read through these posts while you anxiously await your delivery... there's hope. I don't know if anyone has done research of issues on scale (from horrible to excellent) to assess the real expectation of problems. I'm happy I seem to be close to the excellent end of the continuum. Communication and accessibility to a human were issues, but we are buying a car from the web. It is a different model altogether. I found the car before my rep did (kudos to EV-TSLA.com). Wish you all expectant tesla owners good luck. Arm yourselves with patience, the car seems to be worth the wait.

They are not issued sequentially. Originally I was match with a VIN 140XXX with built date 2/25 but it has defect. Then I was matched with a VIN 139XXX with a March built date. However, 121XXX it is kind a bit too far off...
They texted me to let me know that they can’t deliver the car as promised and would find me another VIN. Probably better off.

Took delivery today 157xx. Headlights, new console, and all the other updates. One of the rim was curbed, paint imperfection on the rear right panel, driver window is not flush, right driver door handle is a bit recessed and the interior had dirty smudges on the headliner. Other than that the car was good. Pointed them all out to the SA and he brought a tech over and said they can get it all fixed.

Only other weird thing is the software is up to date but missing the boom box. Overall it was good experience, now to install the stockpile of accessories!

Took delivery today, no noticeable defects. Phew.
2CA660CF-422B-4C09-B610-E90AD680947D.jpeg
8F0D64B4-06C1-439D-B259-AEC81CC3095E.jpeg

After following this forum for a while, yesterday I placed an order for a 2021 MYP MSM, black, no tow hitch, no FSD at Santana Row. I did a second test drive (first one was last year) which just confirmed that the Y was right for us. The staff there was super helpful. I'm delaying delivery since I don't need the car right away, but wanted to get the ball rolling. Looking forward to joining the club!

Reactions: Jemblue7my
After following this forum for a while, yesterday I placed an order for a 2021 MYP MSM, black, no tow hitch, no FSD at Santana Row. I did a second test drive (first one was last year) which just confirmed that the Y was right for us. The staff there was super helpful. I'm delaying delivery since I don't need the car right away, but wanted to get the ball rolling. Looking forward to joining the club!
How does that exactly work? You place th me order now and when they tell you delivery is ready you let them know your not ready yet? What happens with the vehicle and the financing that was locked in. Rates change over time.

How does that exactly work? You place th me order now and when they tell you delivery is ready you let them know your not ready yet? What happens with the vehicle and the financing that was locked in. Rates change over time.
I placed my order and told my advisor that I wanted to wait till at lest the next quarter to take delivery. He said that's not a problem and not to fill out any information yet in my account until I'm ready to get the Y. Once you fill out your information then the process begins with financing and trade-in. I can fill out all that information now and you're right, I could be matched with a car now. If I went that route, I could also delay, but if I delayed too long, the financing would have to be done again.

I placed my order and told my advisor that I wanted to wait till at lest the next quarter to take delivery. He said that's not a problem and not to fill out any information yet in my account until I'm ready to get the Y. Once you fill out your information then the process begins with financing and trade-in. I can fill out all that information now and you're right, I could be matched with a car now. If I went that route, I could also delay, but if I delayed too long, the financing would have to be done again.
How long are you waiting?