Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting for VIN... It's actually a good thing since the sale process of my current car with Vroom is taking SO LOOOOONG.
I'm giving up on VROOM. They were supposed to FedEx the paperwork on the 24th to buy my car. I called them today to find out when they were going to actually send it. "Jordan" said "they" promised him they'd send it as soon as they could, probably today. Great, they've already wasted 3 days. As of now FedEx still doesn't have the package.

Then it'll take 1 day to send the signed package back to VROOM, then 3-5 business days for them approve all that and call for a pickup appointment, which could take "up to" another 10 days. Then 3-5 for them to get the car and inspect it. Then another 2-3 days for them to send out a check. Add all that up and it isn't worth the $2K extra I would have gotten from them. I have no faith in anything they say. They're either overloaded or don't need used cars right now, not sure which.

I'm out, I'll just trade it in if no one buys it in the next 3 weeks. I don't trust VROOM.

I'm giving up on VROOM. They were supposed to FedEx the paperwork on the 24th to buy my car. I called them today to find out when they were going to actually send it. "Jordan" said "they" promised him they'd send it as soon as they could, probably today. Great, they've already wasted 3 days. As of now FedEx still doesn't have the package.

Then it'll take 1 day to send the signed package back to VROOM, then 3-5 business days for them approve all that and call for a pickup appointment, which could take "up to" another 10 days. Then 3-5 for them to get the car and inspect it. Then another 2-3 days for them to send out a check. Add all that up and it isn't worth the $2K extra I would have gotten from them. I have no faith in anything they say. They're either overloaded or don't need used cars right now, not sure which.

I'm out, I'll just trade it in if no one buys it in the next 3 weeks. I don't trust VROOM.
I don't mean to tell you how to spend your money, but it's not like you're doing much work here...even if the process takes 2-3 weeks the only thing you've done for that extra $2k is sign a few papers and be there for them to pick up the car. Convenience is worth a lot to me, and I regularly spend more money than I should to just avoid inconvenience, but in this case it doesn't seem like it's taking much out of you and you just want your money quicker.

Reactions: Zhe Wiz
I don't mean to tell you how to spend your money, but it's not like you're doing much work here...even if the process takes 2-3 weeks the only thing you've done for that extra $2k is sign a few papers and be there for them to pick up the car. Convenience is worth a lot to me, and I regularly spend more money than I should to just avoid inconvenience, but in this case it doesn't seem like it's taking much out of you and you just want your money quicker.

There are a few things causing me to shy away: 1. I need that money for the downpayment. Could I scrounge up $20K extra knowing I'll get it back? Yes, but inconvenient at best. 2. If I sell the car, I need to find a way to the dealer 4 hours away (yes, I could Uber and it would be less than $2K) and 3. (this is most important) I simply don't trust them after dealing with them twice on the phone. It's worth $2K to me to now have to stress on how long it'll take them, if they'll change their mind on price, etc, etc. I have to sign and send them my title before they even inspect and promise a price. It has taken them 3 days and counting to simply send a packet of documents. How long will it take them and how much of my time will be involved getting them to send my check? We're talking a MINIMUM of 3 weeks. I'm guessing it'll be more like 5 weeks.

There are a few things causing me to shy away: 1. I need that money for the downpayment. Could I scrounge up $20K extra knowing I'll get it back? Yes, but inconvenient at best. 2. If I sell the car, I need to find a way to the dealer 4 hours away (yes, I could Uber and it would be less than $2K) and 3. (this is most important) I simply don't trust them after dealing with them twice on the phone. It's worth $2K to me to now have to stress on how long it'll take them, if they'll change their mind on price, etc, etc. I have to sign and send them my title before they even inspect and promise a price. It has taken them 3 days and counting to simply send a packet of documents. How long will it take them and how much of my time will be involved getting them to send my check? We're talking a MINIMUM of 3 weeks. I'm guessing it'll be more like 5 weeks.
I suggest spending a couple hours visiting some of the local dealerships near you and asking what they’d be willing to pay it for. I went to three down the road from me, and told them what the last dealership offered. The last dealership wrote me a check for an amount that I was happy with and I was on my way. They’re all surprisingly desperate for inventory.

I suggest spending a couple hours visiting some of the local dealerships near you and asking what they’d be willing to buy it for. I went to three down the road from me, and told them what the last dealership offered. The last dealership wrote me a check for an amount that I was happy with and I was on my way. They’re all surprisingly desperate for inventory.
Excellent advice. I'll try that!

I suggest spending a couple hours visiting some of the local dealerships near you and asking what they’d be willing to pay it for. I went to three down the road from me, and told them what the last dealership offered. The last dealership wrote me a check for an amount that I was happy with and I was on my way. They’re all surprisingly desperate for inventory.
This. I'm selling my Mercedes GLE back to the dealership I bought it at 2 years ago with only like an 18% loss (pretty insane for a brand-new purchase). Literally 2 signatures and I walk away with a check.

Ordered a MYP on 05/05. EDD has been holding steady at 06/09 - 06/24 but checked this morning and it now says 05/30 - 06/19. Always fun to see the dates move closer to give some hope.
1622135106301.jpeg

The fun game of estimating delivery of my White MYP. 🤦‍♂️

Well my clock will be reset. I had put in a change order to go with the MY LR but it was never put through. Today they finally got it all straightened out. I was down to 2-4 weeks for my MYP.

I have no idea how long for an MY LR now. It will give me time to see how the radar removal debacle plays out. On the website for generic orders, it is 3-13 weeks. So that puts me somewhere between 6/17 and 8/26. :eek:

Maybe I'll get credit for time served so to speak over an order just off the street. By the time I might get mine, MIT MY's might be available. Maybe there will be a new MYP with the new batteries and casting, along with good wheels and more performance changes.

Well my clock will be reset. I had put in a change order to go with the MY LR but it was never put through. Today they finally got it all straightened out. I was down to 2-4 weeks for my MYP.

I have no idea how long for an MY LR now. It will give me time to see how the radar removal debacle plays out. On the website for generic orders, it is 3-13 weeks. So that puts me somewhere between 6/17 and 8/26. :eek:

Maybe I'll get credit for time served so to speak over an order just off the street. By the time I might get mine, MIT MY's might be available. Maybe there will be a new MYP with the new batteries and casting, along with good wheels and more performance changes.
They won't be delivering vehicles with the new batteries or castings until probably Spring 2022 or later. They aren't anywhere close to mass-producing the batteries or castings yet.