Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost sleep over this. I am the other way round. Their explanation to radarless - to me at least that make sense as they are heading towards that way anyway. Putting together this, radar, the wait and the arbitrary assigning of cars not based on order date this has turn out to be a lot more disappointing than I thought (and I was a happy M3P owner).

This lumbar support thing does not look permanent and they might revert it a few weeks or months down the road? Very much like the no dimming mirror cars that were produced for a few months.

I really don't want to be stuck with a "shortage car" with less than normal features. It would be something I think about and look at every time I drove it.
Yes, I can agree with you on all of that, for sure. I've never been this disappointed with any car purchase and I had a lot, even special orders.

I stopped by my SC yesterday and they had my exact model sitting on the back row, completely filthy, and when I went in and asked about it, they said it was for a customer that ordered 3 months ago, which I don't believe. It's date was 17 May, so if they made one for this location, why wouldn't they make several to fill all the outstanding orders? On top of that, they were rude...

I feel you on the "shortage car", I maxed my options because I didn't want to feel I missed something, every time I drive it...

Reactions: VikH
Yes, I can agree with you on all of that, for sure. I've never been this disappointed with any car purchase and I had a lot, even special orders.

I stopped by my SC yesterday and they had my exact model sitting on the back row, completely filthy, and when I went in and asked about it, they said it was for a customer that ordered 3 months ago, which I don't believe. It's date was 17 May, so if they made one for this location, why wouldn't they make several to fill all the outstanding orders? On top of that, they were rude...

I feel you on the "shortage car", I maxed my options because I didn't want to feel I missed something, every time I drive it...
I find it very strange they have these odd one or two MYP deliveries before the rush

I don’t think I’ve ever used a lumbar in the passenger seat in the past. Probably a cost cutting move more than a parts shortage.

Regarding the lack of radar, the camera system picked up all surrounding vehicles in the dark, both close and far, identifying the cars from trucks etc.
Hey bud so does your newly delivered car has that feature or not haha I have been waiting for your response :) I think you are the last of Us to take delivery of a P

I find it very strange they have these odd one or two MYP deliveries before the rush
Yeah, I've tried to get a grip on this process but I can't, it makes no sense at all. I had a sleepless night last night, all I could think about was this process and my new theory is, they don't build cars based on orders. I think they build based off of previous percentages, per location and blast them out. I mean really, there's not many options to choice from, so if you're lucky enough, you get your car pretty fast (which I've seen over and over in the last few weeks). Pretty sad to lay in bed thinking about this crap, lol... Just my current theory, probably wrong but does anyone really know..

Hey bud so does your newly delivered car has that feature or not haha I have been waiting for your response :) I think you are the last of Us to take delivery of a P
97D4A32F-E8D3-4B8A-B0A5-317066E7DD40.jpeg

Looks great! What's the circle thing? 😭

That looks like a blank button. They probably didn’t put it in because of parts shortage. It makes me think they took out the radar sensors due to the shortage as well.

They may have been working on vision AP but I doubt they are ready for prime time. The fact that the high beams have to be on for vision AP is concerning. I’m assuming it can’t see beyond the headlights. So in bad weather you’re out of luck. Currently I have no problem driving heavy rain on my TM3 w radar.

I wouldn’t mind if Tesla is upfront and tells their customers the truth. BMW has been communicating to their customers about the shortage of lumbar seat controls and offering them $100-250 in refunds. Now I don’t know what other safety or convenience parts Tesla may have left out.

Reactions: brutus979
I lost sleep over this. I am the other way round. Their explanation to radarless - to me at least that make sense as they are heading towards that way anyway. Putting together this, radar, the wait and the arbitrary assigning of cars not based on order date this has turn out to be a lot more disappointing than I thought (and I was a happy M3P owner).

This lumbar support thing does not look permanent and they might revert it a few weeks or months down the road? Very much like the no dimming mirror cars that were produced for a few months.

I really don't want to be stuck with a "shortage car" with less than normal features and find out later that in a few months all cars made will have the missing feature again. It would be something I think about and look at every time I drove it.

Attachments

• 072EFB40-0205-4573-8E9F-013ED4D451B9.jpeg
    072EFB40-0205-4573-8E9F-013ED4D451B9.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 65
@Srleadjb lol for sure he is not going to respond coz its not a praise. Until the removal lumbar support I had been a level-headed advocate for Tesla (not the crazy "they cant do no wrong" type) - even when my M3P was of *sugar* quality.

Now i do not have a lot of things to say about them (and the ordering process) anymore - and like many said - i wonder what they will remove next.

Reactions: Skyeforge