Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Srleadjb lol for sure he is not going to respond coz its not a praise. Until the removal lumbar support I had been a level-headed advocate for Tesla (not the crazy "they cant do no wrong" type) - even when my M3P was of *sugar* quality.

Now i do not have a lot of things to say about them (and the ordering process) anymore - and like many said - i wonder what they will remove next.
You could always get an e-Tron with prestige package. Those have massaging seats. They work well.

Side note: Tested the Autopilot and it worked well. Seems to be calibrated perfectly. If Elon wouldn’t have mentioned the lack of radar, I wouldn’t have known anything is different.

You could always get an e-Tron with prestige package. Those have massaging seats. They work well.

Side note: Tested the Autopilot and it worked well. Seems to be calibrated perfectly. If Elon wouldn’t have mentioned the lack of radar, I wouldn’t have known anything is different.
With range in mind there's not a lot of options. I'll most likely wait it out until they put it back into the car.

Good to know. I watched some videos online too they seem to be operating perfectly.

There seems to be a shortage of the lumbar support parts. BMW apparently has same issue right now and giving $175 credit for vehicles without it. Here’s hoping Tesla adds it back on later at the service centers
I'd rather pay an extra $175 to ensure my car isnt missing a standard feature. I also think its very unlikely they will be able to add it back later - looks like a complicate process to take apart the seats and put the module back in, or an expensive process to replace the seats entirely.

I'd rather pay an extra $175 to ensure my car isnt missing a standard feature. I also think its very unlikely they will be able to add it back later - looks like a complicate process to take apart the seats and put the module back in, or an expensive process to replace the seats entirely.
I hear you but that’s the current state of things. Either don’t ship any cars because of no lumbar or keep shipping them without it

Reactions: brutus979
Hey everyone just wanted to share my experience after picking it up today at Mt Kisko. I got there probably 15 minutes before my 12 o’clock appointment and the delivery person was cleaning the car detailing it inside and out and he was very very cool about us showing up early. He said that they had about 60 deliveries scheduled for the day and they have about 400 cars coming next week as well on top of all the cars that they got for this week and they were going insane.
The process was extremely straightforward. Absolutely no issues with quality on the paint, panel gaps, There was one small issue where the glove box was not opening correctly so he took it to the shop and about 10 minutes later it was fixed.
One odd thing that happened is that the door sill plate that says model Y is missing on the driver side but it was on the passenger side so he scheduled mobile service to come to my house to have that installed he said it was extremely hard and he’s never seen that before LOL leave that to Tesla.
All in all it took about 20 minutes to get everything ready he paired my phone show me really quick everything he said if you need to learn anything more just got through the tutorial and that was it

I absolutely love the car. Worth the wait for sure.

Dropped the Y off at the detail shop.

I tasked him with noting any scratches / dings / blemishes as Tesla would be on the hook for the first 100 miles.

Happy to say that it is blemish free. No paint correction needed.

Tesla has definitely upped their ante in quality control.

The lumbar delete on the passenger side is not a big deal for me. I picked up this car so that my wife could pick the kids up from school using the carpool lane.)

Reactions: brutus979