Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 696760

Finally got the car, experience is great. Car has some minor stuff during walk around:
  • Mid rear seat seatbelt trim not flush with seat
  • Driver side rear door gasket
  • Passenger side rear handle not flushed
  • Rear passenger light not flushed
  • Lift gate panel gap uneven
  • Passenger rear wheel well insulation not secured
Everything was fixed except the seatbelt trim part needs to be ordered. Car drives like a dream!

By the way, if anyone is curious, here is the checklist I used when I did the walk around.
Delivery Checklist

Please be aware that these are the common issues others experienced when they took their delivery and should be use as a guide to help speed up the process. It did help me identify some of the issues above. Don't look at the car with a microscope and definitely don't give the technician there a hard time about it. They have been very helpful and friendly throughout the process.

It's been fun reading this thread and I wish you all get your car delivered very soon!
I'm assuming that you picked it up from the delivery location? Not delivered to your house? My SA said that picking up from the delivery center is the same as having it delivered to your house and taht they cant fix things on the spot when you pick up. How did you get your items fixed there?

I'm assuming that you picked it up from the delivery location? Not delivered to your house? My SA said that picking up from the delivery center is the same as having it delivered to your house and taht they cant fix things on the spot when you pick up. How did you get your items fixed there?
Delivery location indeed. I am not sure if it is because the service department is closed today and therefore Tesla can dedicate people to fix delivery issue or your SA may have the wrong information.

The panel gap on the lift gate requires them to re-align the lift gate. They also adjust the door handle. I was waiting there for an hour while they worked on the issues.

They only way you can get things fixed when you're taking delivery is when you pick up the car at the delivery center, and that's if they're not busy but sometimes I've seen people wait 2-4 hours for some minor repairs or cleaning to get done before driving away in their cars.

If they deliver it to your home, the only thing you can do (and if you see the driver, he'll tell you the same thing) is that you have so many hours/days and under 100 miles to report issues on the Tesla app. The good thing about it is a mobile service technician will come out to your home and fix the problems. The bad thing is that they're pretty backed up and it could take a couple of weeks before a tech can take a look at your car.

That's why it's worth waiting at the delivery center for them to fix any issues that you notice right away..... if they'll let you take delivery at the DC. Lately Tesla has been telling people that picking up from the closest DC isn't' an option, and that they must do home delivery. Check with your SA to see what they can do.

• Love
Reactions: lchen6 and jpy1980
They only way you can get things fixed when you're taking delivery is when you pick up the car at the delivery center, and that's if they're not busy but sometimes I've seen people wait 2-4 hours for some minor repairs or cleaning to get done before driving away in their cars.

If they deliver it to your home, the only thing you can do (and if you see the driver, he'll tell you the same thing) is that you have so many hours/days and under 100 miles to report issues on the Tesla app. The good thing about it is a mobile service technician will come out to your home and fix the problems. The bad thing is that they're pretty backed up and it could take a couple of weeks before a tech can take a look at your car.

That's why it's worth waiting at the delivery center for them to fix any issues that you notice right away..... if they'll let you take delivery at the DC. Lately Tesla has been telling people that picking up from the closest DC isn't' an option, and that they must do home delivery. Check with your SA to see what they can do.
Great advice and I did just that. I emailed my SA after I saw his post to see if I can schedule a pickup at the closest DC, which in my case would be Marina Del Rey. Here's to hoping! Actually, here's to me getting a car with NO ISSUES =)

My early date has been getting pushed back one day. So gap is closing. I had decided to wait for Austin MY but just got a new job that will require a longer commute and the need for another car. So going to let my order fill and evaluate the financials/worthiness of upgrading to an Austin MY when the time comes

current EDD: 8/28-9/22

Birthday is 9/18…

This is what I've experienced. When we were getting our M3LR, initially was able to pick up at MdR location, but then they kept pushing back, we in the end opt for home delivery instead. Luckily, the M3LR was in great condition and we didn't have to repair anything. Hopefully the MYP will be the same for me.

• Love
Reactions: M-S-M and jpy1980
Great advice and I did just that. I emailed my SA after I saw his post to see if I can schedule a pickup at the closest DC, which in my case would be Marina Del Rey. Here's to hoping! Actually, here's to me getting a car with NO ISSUES =)
I think I'm going to do the same for MYP. Can you let me know if you successful scheduled at MdR pick up? I still have a Del Amo Mall SA, she hasn't been really communicative.

Reactions: jpy1980
Good morning! I feel so optimistic- my window shortened today to 8/18-8/30. I do worry that my new trade in value hasn’t loaded although they only asked for a new mileage figure. It’s been like four days since I added it.
Similar here. My trade in narrowed to 8/18-9/5, but they haven’t updated my trade in for me after I resubmitted my miles, and I just got a generic text telling me to complete trade in to prioritize my delivery.

Reactions: sarahlectric
EDD is now 8/17 - 8/30 as of today.

From the trend I've been seeing with people getting VIN's compared to their EDD's, hopefully I see a VIN later this week around Thursday or Friday, and then take deliver the week of the 23rd, but we'll see. As long as it shows up before Labor Day weekend, then I'm good.

Already got approved with my DCU loan at 1.24% yesterday and now just waiting on the VIN and MVPA to submit to them. Just one less thing to worry about, as I can then get the loan docs from DCU in the same day and submit that to ratematch@tesla.

EDD is now 8/17 - 8/30 as of today.

From the trend I've been seeing with people getting VIN's compared to their EDD's, hopefully I see a VIN later this week around Thursday or Friday, and then take deliver the week of the 23rd, but we'll see. As long as it shows up before Labor Day weekend, then I'm good.

Already got approved with my DCU loan at 1.24% yesterday and now just waiting on the VIN and MVPA to submit to them. Just one less thing to worry about, as I can then get the loan docs from DCU in the same day and submit that to ratematch@tesla.
Hi, you can apply DCU loan before even get the VIN? If yes, I am thinking apply that 2. My EDD is 8/17-9/7.
Thanks

Hi, you can apply DCU loan before even get the VIN? If yes, I am thinking apply that 2. My EDD is 8/17-9/7.
Thanks

Yes, you can apply for a loan before receiving the VIN. It just won't be finalized until they receive the VIN and payment info. I just did this to get one step out of the way and I had a free hour on my hands. That way, when I do receive my VIN and MVPA then I can just have them process that and not worry about or wait on a loan approval at the same time.

Just note that a DCU loan approval is good for 45 days, so if you know you'll be taking delivery within that window then they won't have to run your credit again.

Yes, you can apply for a loan before receiving the VIN. It just won't be finalized until they receive the VIN and payment info. I just did this to get one step out of the way, so when I do receive my VIN and MVPA, I can have them just process that and not worry about or wait on a loan approval at the same time.

Just note that a DCU loan approval is good for 45 days, so if you know you'll be taking delivery within that window then they won't have to run your credit again.
sounds good! Thank you so much! I will go ahead apply it as well.

View attachment 696760

Finally got the car, experience is great. Car has some minor stuff during walk around:
  • Mid rear seat seatbelt trim not flush with seat
  • Driver side rear door gasket
  • Passenger side rear handle not flushed
  • Rear passenger light not flushed
  • Lift gate panel gap uneven
  • Passenger rear wheel well insulation not secured
Everything was fixed except the seatbelt trim part needs to be ordered. Car drives like a dream!

By the way, if anyone is curious, here is the checklist I used when I did the walk around.
Delivery Checklist

Please be aware that these are the common issues others experienced when they took their delivery and should be use as a guide to help speed up the process. It did help me identify some of the issues above. Don't look at the car with a microscope and definitely don't give the technician there a hard time about it. They have been very helpful and friendly throughout the process.

It's been fun reading this thread and I wish you all get your car delivered very soon!
this is great, thanks.

I think I'm at my final roller coaster lap. The last couple of days have been:
  • 8/12/2021: EDD 8/16 - 9/5
  • 8/13/2021: EDD 8/16 - 9/5
  • 8/14/2021: EDD 8/16 - 9/6
  • 8/15/2021: EDD 8/17 - 9/5
  • 8/16/2021 (As of Today): EDD 8/18 - 9/5

Hope everyone who has the similar order range dates gets their VIN this week. Happy Monday/waiting....

Last edited:
Reactions: jpy1980
Good morning! I feel so optimistic- my window shortened today to 8/18-8/30. I do worry that my new trade in value hasn’t loaded although they only asked for a new mileage figure. It’s been like four days since I added it.
Can you please keep us updated on the trade in process ?

The offer expires 30 days or 1k mikes. I’m more than sure my offer is going to expire.

The big mystery is what happens after that. Are they going to re evaluate it at the current trade in rates, when my accepted estimate is higher ?

We shall see. Only reason I traded in was because of a good trade in value. Don’t want to sell it privately. If they shave off too much from my trade in value, I’ll have to cancel my order.