Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you please keep us updated on the trade in process ?

The offer expires 30 days or 1k mikes. I’m more than sure my offer is going to expire.

The big mystery is what happens after that. Are they going to re evaluate it at the current trade in rates, when my accepted estimate is higher ?

We shall see. Only reason I traded in was because of a good trade in value. Don’t want to sell it privately. If they shave off too much from my trade in value, I’ll have to cancel my order.
Hi!

So I'm a newbie in this whole process, but when I initially ordered I decided to take a little bit of a hit on my trade-in value because of the ease (I want to be able to drive my current car - 2017 Honda Accord - to Tesla and drive away with my MY). I have to drive nearly three hours to Tesla to pick up my car and don't want to rely on having someone drive me that far.

So, fast forward the 30 days and Tesla had me re-enter my mileage on August 12th (I added about 450-500 miles in that month). I am *still* waiting on a new value to be assigned to my car. In the meantime, I got a better offer (by about $1,000) from Carvana as others have suggested, and trying to decide if I want to go that route and be without a car potentially and have to get a ride to Portland to pick up.

I'll circle back to you when I a) get a new offer or b) decide to ditch Tesla's trade-in process (LOL it might be both!)

Reactions: jordanair45
Hi!

So I'm a newbie in this whole process, but when I initially ordered I decided to take a little bit of a hit on my trade-in value because of the ease (I want to be able to drive my current car - 2017 Honda Accord - to Tesla and drive away with my MY). I have to drive nearly three hours to Tesla to pick up my car and don't want to rely on having someone drive me that far.

So, fast forward the 30 days and Tesla had me re-enter my mileage on August 12th (I added about 450-500 miles in that month). I am *still* waiting on a new value to be assigned to my car. In the meantime, I got a better offer (by about $1,000) from Carvana as others have suggested, and trying to decide if I want to go that route and be without a car potentially and have to get a ride to Portland to pick up.

I'll circle back to you when I a) get a new offer or b) decide to ditch Tesla's trade-in process (LOL it might be both!)
I am trading in a 2019 Ram 1500, only a $800 difference between CarMax and what Tesla offered $43800 vs $43000. I would need close to $3500 more to sell outright to CarMax, Carvana etc. to make up for the tax value I get for trading in AZ. I am close to 30 days to re-submitting mileage for my truck. But I have only added 160 miles in that time. I will wait and see what my new trade value is later this week.

Reactions: sarahlectric
wow and no vin yet?!?

I have the exact same order date as him, and my EDD is the same as well.

From the trend that I've been seeing lately with people receiving a VIN compared to their EDD, and then taking delivery, I suspect we may see a VIN around Thursday or Friday of this week, and possibly being able to take delivery of the car by early next week. Hopefully.

• Love
Reactions: jpy1980 and lchen6
I am trading in a 2019 Ram 1500, only a $800 difference between CarMax and what Tesla offered $43800 vs $43000. I would need close to $3500 more to sell outright to CarMax, Carvana etc. to make up for the tax value I get for trading in AZ. I am close to 30 days to re-submitting mileage for my truck. But I have only added 160 miles in that time. I will wait and see what my new trade value is later this week.
HA funny, I traded in a Ram 1500 (2020) for mine too, but I went through givemethevin.com - they offered $5k more than Tesla and they are giving me a tax voucher for my state of Texas activities. I deliver on the 25th so all my offers etc are going to be ok/not timed out etc.

From the trend that I've been seeing lately with people receiving a VIN compared to their EDD, and then taking delivery, I suspect we may see a VIN around Thursday or Friday of this week, and possibly being able to take delivery of the car by early next week. Hopefully.
Let me tag along with your group/prediction! 😝 😝 😝 (I know I'm a lot later than you two), but would be great to get my vin this week as well.

200.gif

Reactions: lchen6
MYP order 7/24 pickup 8/24. The last 2 MY I ordered was about 1 month wait from order to deliver. LR was Mid April and delivery Late May. I live in NY Mt Kisco pickup location.

Specs on the LRMY gray with Induction wheels, MYP Gray with Tow hitch, No FSD

Hi!

I’m still waiting as well. I have no idea why it was less than a day for the initial trade in and now I’m on day 4 of waiting. Makes it even more frustrating that my delivery window keeps shrinking and I’m expecting a VIN any day, but my profile is staying incomplete.

Reactions: sarahlectric