Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HA funny, I traded in a Ram 1500 (2020) for mine too, but I went through givemethevin.com - they offered $5k more than Tesla and they are giving me a tax voucher for my state of Texas activities. I deliver on the 25th so all my offers etc are going to be ok/not timed out etc.
Interesting. So are you saying you’re getting the same tax benefits as if you traded the vehicle in to Tesla?

I’m in Austin, TX as well. I was under the impression that you only get the sales tax break if you trade in to the dealer that you’re buying from. If that is not the case, I think you may be onto something!

Reactions: M-S-M
HA funny, I traded in a Ram 1500 (2020) for mine too, but I went through givemethevin.com - they offered $5k more than Tesla and they are giving me a tax voucher for my state of Texas activities. I deliver on the 25th so all my offers etc are going to be ok/not timed out etc.
The tax voucher option is something I'm completely unfamiliar with. Is this typical and an option in TX?!

This will be our first car purchase in Texas, so we're completely new to what is feasible there.

Can you please keep us updated on the trade in process ?

The offer expires 30 days or 1k mikes. I’m more than sure my offer is going to expire.

The big mystery is what happens after that. Are they going to re evaluate it at the current trade in rates, when my accepted estimate is higher ?

We shall see. Only reason I traded in was because of a good trade in value. Don’t want to sell it privately. If they shave off too much from my trade in value, I’ll have to cancel my order.
Sooooo, after today and really thinking things through about the trade-in process, I'm just not pleased with Tesla taking their time and giving lowball trade offers.

Carvana offer was $2,000 more than Tesla, and out of curiosity I tried CarMax which came in another $2800 HIGHER than Carvana! I have an appointment with CarMax and hope to come out nearly $5K higher than Tesla's initial offer for my car. Let me be clear, my trade is in the $20K range, so a few thousand represents a pretty big percentage.

I'll have to figure out logistics when my MYP is ready but I think for $5,000 extra in my pocket it's too hard to turn down. It does seem like Tesla is actually discouraging trading in at this point.

Sooooo, after today and really thinking things through about the trade-in process, I'm just not pleased with Tesla taking their time and giving lowball trade offers.

Carvana offer was $2,000 more than Tesla, and out of curiosity I tried CarMax which came in another $2800 HIGHER than Carvana! I have an appointment with CarMax and hope to come out nearly $5K higher than Tesla's initial offer for my car. Let me be clear, my trade is in the $20K range, so a few thousand represents a pretty big percentage.

I'll have to figure out logistics when my MYP is ready but I think for $5,000 extra in my pocket it's too hard to turn down. It does seem like Tesla is actually discouraging trading in at this point.
I sold my wife's car through Carvana and it was extremely easy and they direct deposit the next day (the value would definitely lower than local dealers or Carmax; but I do think their convenience made up the difference). I think Carmax has additional steps that you have to jump through in order to get the price they offered.

I had good luck with my car ( I wasn't needing the car so I took my time with it) went to the local dealer and sold it for the price I bought it for 3 years ago.

Good luck hope you get the most value as possible.

Reactions: sarahlectric

Similar situation for me…I had a decent trade-in locked in for my Model 3…but ended up selling private party last Thursday for a bit more. My trade-in expires in a couple days so figured I’d just remove the possibility it would decrease. I won’t tell Tesla until the last minute (or I might have to when it expires) for fear of it putting me back in the delivery process.

The tax voucher option is something I'm completely unfamiliar with. Is this typical and an option in TX?!

This will be our first car purchase in Texas, so we're completely new to what is feasible there.
So the way it works is that you sell your car to the third party (carmax, whatever) and work with Tesla for the offer. So, Tesla is the dealer and you are still sort of trading it to them, but the third party - if they are who you went to, still get the car, give you the difference in trade. etc. My buyer walked me through it. Its apparently called an "In and Out" - check it out... How Do I Sell My Car? Best Place to Sell Your Car is Give Me The VIN. I would be lying if I said I understood it, but it apparently is going to work.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Reactions: M-S-M
Picked up my MYP!!! I took an hour to inspect my car. I found 0 swirls and paint flaws surprisingly.

There were several issues which is getting fixed tomorrow:
  • Minor panel gaps
  • Left spoiler isn’t glued all the way
  • Minor seat gap in the rear
  • Some residue marks on interior trim
No other flaws!!!! Quality has def improved. Job well done Tesla!

Attachments

• 3B45E9E5-D266-4867-BF73-C8D0360E880B.jpeg
    3B45E9E5-D266-4867-BF73-C8D0360E880B.jpeg
    766.5 KB · Views: 58
  • E1C6FCEC-33D7-4098-933B-B3ADE5EBF22F.jpeg
    E1C6FCEC-33D7-4098-933B-B3ADE5EBF22F.jpeg
    757.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 637FCD10-CEE5-424D-9720-BECA8C014FC0.jpeg
    637FCD10-CEE5-424D-9720-BECA8C014FC0.jpeg
    745.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 19D9BBE3-961A-4224-B2A8-754510C0F923.jpeg
    19D9BBE3-961A-4224-B2A8-754510C0F923.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 61
Picked up my MYP!!! I took an hour to inspect my car. I found 0 swirls and paint flaws surprisingly.

• Minor panel gaps
This looks amazing, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: bawertu2220

Sorry to hear. I would def. go that route, but for my model 3, Tesla is offering me more than any other company. I was quite surprised.

• Minor panel gaps
DAMNIT! I should've gotten black.

Yup I feel the same way. I was at a supercharger today, and all the cars were white, yuck.

I really do like the contrast of the white/black wheels and trim though.

I'm done owning black cars. Too hard to take care of.

You can always wrap it matte black. Or matte white. Looks 100x better
yep that's why i'm doing stealth ppf wrap lol

yep that's why i'm doing stealth ppf wrap lol
I still can't decide if I want stealth ppf or just do the regular clear. My wife's M3LR is already full body matte/stealth PPF, and it looks really good on white car. Thus, I thought of changing it up with the clear. Also, I've looked at a lot of the stealth ppf on black MY, they started turning into grey/dark greg-ish black?

Yup I feel the same way. I was at a supercharger today, and all the cars were white, yuck.

I really do like the contrast of the white/black wheels and trim though.

I'm done owning black cars. Too hard to take care of.

You can always wrap it matte black. Or matte white. Looks 100x better
Agree. I switched my order from black to Red. Didn’t want the white because it seems like the default these days for people other than MSM.

congrats, all those vent and waiting are worthy now.
I have the exact same order date as him, and my EDD is the same as well.

From the trend that I've been seeing lately with people receiving a VIN compared to their EDD, and then taking delivery, I suspect we may see a VIN around Thursday or Friday of this week, and possibly being able to take delivery of the car by early next week. Hopefully.
You’re next! Did you get a vin today?