Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR on 4th of July. I saw as the EDD went from Sep, to Oct, to Nov. I am moving in Nov so I just went ahead and ordered the MYP. It was $4700 more than the MYLR I ordered, but I feel that it is worth the peace of mind knowing I'll get it before I move. Currently says 5-6 weeks, so maybe I'll get it before October!
You should get it before October. I changed my July 9 LR order to Performance on 8/2 and I have an EDD window of 8/20-8/31.

I will leave the "technical" answer to folks on there who have a lot more knowledge than me. I think MYP does have configuration difference than MYLR, battery housing etc. so there might be some pre built piece already sitting around (<-- this might be a false answer).

I think essentially the MYP orders are cutting the line to MYLR orders. It's like going to Disneyland and you have a fast pass? with the premium ticketed price.
There's a difference in the body as well - Performance has a spoiler edge that the LR does not.
FWIW, my MYP order date hasn't been pushed back... yet. October was the estimate at order time, and my current EDD is 10/6-26, right in that range. That said, the ordering site now says that MYP deliveries will be in 5-6 weeks (which would be before my estimate), while MYLRs estimate January. So there definitely is some line cutting going on, assuming the same production line.

Reactions: AK_MYP and lchen6
There's a difference in the body as well - Performance has a spoiler edge that the LR does not.

If you're talking about the Model Y hatch, they're the same on every Model Y out there. The carbon fiber spoiler that comes on the Performance models fits on any Model Y hatch, and is just held on with double-sided tape. Same with any aftermarket trunk spoiler out there from RPM, Tesmanian, Basenor, etc. They all fit the same and are interchangeable between any & all Model Y trunks/hatches.

The body itself (panels & design) is no different between all Model Y models, except for the headlights on the Perf cars.

Reactions: AK_MYP and lchen6
If you're talking about the Model Y hatch, they're the same on every Model Y out there. The carbon fiber spoiler that comes on the Performance models fits on any Model Y hatch, and is just held on with double-sided tape. Same with any aftermarket trunk spoiler out there from RPM, Tesmanian, Basenor, etc. They all fit the same and are interchangeable between any & all Model Y trunks/hatches.

The body itself (panels & design) is no different between all Model Y models, except for the headlights on the Perf cars.
Oh the headlights are different on the P cars? How so? I didnt know that, I thought all the new 21 models got the new projectors.

Yup. All of the current MYP headlight are the projector LED-matrix headlights, which are standard on all Model 3 cars (from SR+ to Perf). Right now only the Model Y Performance cars have the headlights, while the LR & SR+ Model Y cars are still using the 'older' headlights - which are still good.

There hasn't been any confirmation if or when Tesla will start putting the new projector headlights into the rest of the Model Y range, but as of today LR deliveries are still coming with the older headlights. There's a thread in this forum that's been current with people taking deliveries and confirming they're still getting the older headlights.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Reactions: lchen6
Yup. All of the current MYP headlight are the projector LED-matrix headlights, which are standard on all Model 3 cars (from SR+ to Perf). Right now only the Model Y Performance cars have the headlights, while the LR & SR+ Model Y cars are still using the 'older' headlights - which are still good.

There hasn't been any confirmation if or when Tesla will start putting the new projector headlights into the rest of the Model Y range, but as of today LR deliveries are still coming with the older headlights. There's a thread in this forum that's been current with people taking deliveries and confirming they're still getting the older headlights.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg
I was actually driving and saw a tesla driving by me in the opposite direction. I think it was a model 3. It had its headlights on and it looked kinda odd, like 3 led flashlights put together in a row if that makes sense. Is that the new one or old one? I didn't like how that looked.

I was actually driving and saw a tesla driving by me in the opposite direction. I think it was a model 3. It had its headlights on and it looked kinda odd, like 3 led flashlights put together in a row if that makes sense. Is that the new one or old one? I didn't like how that looked.

Yup, those are the new headlights and that's how they look. I kind of like the different look, but the there's a couple of threads on here that shows the how crisp & sharp the beams are on the new projector headlights.

I took this pic about a month ago when I saw a 2021 Model 3, but it's the same headlights that the MYP's come with.

MYP-Headlights.jpg

Reactions: jpy1980
Yup, those are the new headlights and that's how they look. I kind of like the different look, but the there's a couple of threads on here that shows the how crisp & sharp the beams are on the new projector headlights.

I took this pic about a month ago when I saw a 2021 Model 3, but it's the same headlights that the MYP's come with.

MYP-Headlights.jpg
I don't like it. It makes the front look too busy and kinda cheap looking. But what do I know? haha I don't even know how the original ones looked lit up.

Reactions: SDM44