Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you end up going with a home delivery in June as well?
Yep, in June was home delivery for us. They gave a big window of 9a-6p as well, the guy didn't show up until 2p ish. They were rushing/pushing for Q2 numbers and I've read/heard a lot of cars being delivered between 6/28-6/30 (ours was on the last day of June). I was told that they were doing 50-75 cars at MdR and 200+ at Bueno Park locations. Hence the push on home delivery to ease on the traffic at SCs.

I also read something that they were mobilizing every employees at Tesla to do this Q2 push. From engineers to salesmen. The guy who dropped off our car didn't even know about "how to properly open the car" "how do you link your phone to the car" questions etc. and made me think he was probably just an employee was assigned to be the driver on that day.

Make sure you properly check all exterior before you hop back into Tesla.com/account and click that accept button, everything should be left in the car including two key cards and the Fedex envelope with all the stuff you need to sign.

Yep, in June was home delivery for us. They gave a big window of 9a-6p as well, the guy didn't show up until 2p ish. They were rushing/pushing for Q2 numbers and I've read/heard a lot of cars being delivered between 6/28-6/30 (ours was on the last day of June). I was told that they were doing 50-75 cars at MdR and 200+ at Bueno Park locations. Hence the push on home delivery to ease on the traffic at SCs.

I also read something that they were mobilizing every employees at Tesla to do this Q2 push. From engineers to salesmen. The guy who dropped off our car didn't even know about "how to properly open the car" "how do you link your phone to the car" questions etc. and made me think he was probably just an employee was assigned to be the driver on that day.

Make sure you properly check all exterior before you hop back into Tesla.com/account and click that accept button, everything should be left in the car including two key cards and the Fedex envelope with all the stuff you need to sign.
Great info! Also What accept button are you taking about? I already paid and signed the agreement prior to delivery :(

Attachments

• F1396D2C-4189-4046-8DC2-354661DFD76A.png
    F1396D2C-4189-4046-8DC2-354661DFD76A.png
    318 KB · Views: 66
Great info! Also What accept button are you taking about? I already paid and signed the agreement prior to delivery :(
Your Tesla.com/accout UI will change again when the driver have successfully park/drop off the car at your instructed location (for me was the driveway). I'm not sure if he will stay with you or not (mine certainly didn't), and I was left wondering around the car for a good 5 minutes.

I literally watched him walked away while I asked him 3-4 questions unanswered. ("how do I get into my car?", "do you have a spare key"? "how do I get the keys from center console if the doors are locked?") The only thing he said to me was "I'm told just drive the car here and I'm not supposed to answer questions". After all kinds of struggle, I went on Tesla.com/account and saw a button show up (again) and because it detected the car was successfully dropped off (or the driver has to consent something from their end) it prompts you to "accept delivery" once you click that the car will be unlocked, then you can map your phone to the car and use the car keys etc.

Picking up at the SC is key here IMO. I live 50ish miles from the SC and in Texas, you basically own the car when it gets to the SC. So, no offense to anyone at Tesla, but I dont want some random person putting miles on my car when I cant do anything about whatever they may do between here and there. They could rash the rims, smudge up the interior, who knows what their hygeine is etc. So, no to home delivery IMHO.
Oh wow (noob) I thought when they say home delivery They will deliver the vehicle in a truck. I didn’t realize that somebody will be driving it to me. Then No. I would prefer to drive it off the lot myself together with all the reason stated above.

Tesla delivered my Model 3 to my house last year (March 31, 2020), and the guys were cool and went over the car if I had any questions. Back then, the home delivery option in our area was pretty new since the covid lockdowns had just occurred, and they weren't that busy since it was 8:45pm at night when they dropped off my car, but they still had another delivery to do after mine. I really didn't care if there were miles on my car or not from them driving it, since I would've put on those same miles driving the car from the Burbank location to my house. I just cared more about any road rash on the wheels, and nicks or scuffs on the bumper or body from driving it, and there weren't any. Fortunately, my car showed up flawless. I did clean some smudges myself that were inside the car with some unscented baby wipes, and the next day realigned the rear hatch and rear passenger side tail light myself (I'm familiar with working on cars and tearing them apart, so it's more rewarding to fix those things than to wait for a mobile tech to come out a week later and maybe fix it to your liking).

The "accept delivery" button that people are talking about shows up on the Tesla app once they drop off the car. It's not on your Tesla account but on the app itself that you need to download from the app store onto your mobile device, and you log into it with your Tesla account login credentials. Once you accept the delivery, your car will be added onto the app and then you'll be able to remote-unlock the doors and get inside of the car. On the passenger seat will be a FedEx envelope with paperwork that you sign and mail back (for my Model 3 delivery, they had me sign everything electronically on their iPad). Usually in the console will be your 'credit card' keys for the car, and you'll need this when adding more keys (either a key fob or another phone) as you have to tap the console when activating another key.

Since I've owned a Model 3 before my Y, I'm familiar with what to expect and how everything works, so I'm not worry if the delivery guy just takes off and can't answer any of my questions. Either way, I'm accepting the car regardless of the condition, but will be going over it with a fine tooth comb afterwards and recording any issues I find on my Tesla app. Rejecting a car will bump you down the line as they won't look for a replacement because there aren't any available. So unless the car was t-boned and there's some serious frame damage or the car is undrivable, most people are going to accept the delivery and have Tesla fix any issues after the fact - which fortunately they're good about doing, so that's one plus.

Tesla delivered my Model 3 to my house last year (March 31, 2020), and the guys were cool and went over the car if I had any questions. Back then, the home delivery option in our area was pretty new since the covid lockdowns had just occurred, and they weren't that busy since it was 8:45pm at night when they dropped off my car, but they still had another delivery to do after mine. I really didn't care if there were miles on my car or not from them driving it, since I would've put on those same miles driving the car from the Burbank location to my house. I just cared more about any road rash on the wheels, and nicks or scuffs on the bumper or body from driving it, and there weren't any. Fortunately, my car showed up flawless. I did clean some smudges myself that were inside the car with some unscented baby wipes, and the next day realigned the rear hatch and rear passenger side tail light myself (I'm familiar with working on cars and tearing them apart, so it's more rewarding to fix those things than to wait for a mobile tech to come out a week later and maybe fix it to your liking).

The "accept delivery" button that people are talking about shows up on the Tesla app once they drop off the car. It's not on your Tesla account but on the app itself that you need to download from the app store onto your mobile device, and you log into it with your Tesla account login credentials. Once you accept the delivery, your car will be added onto the app and then you'll be able to remote-unlock the doors and get inside of the car. On the passenger seat will be a FedEx envelope with paperwork that you sign and mail back (for my Model 3 delivery, they had me sign everything electronically on their iPad). Usually in the console will be your 'credit card' keys for the car, and you'll need this when adding more keys (either a key fob or another phone) as you have to tap the console when activating another key.

Since I've owned a Model 3 before my Y, I'm familiar with what to expect and how everything works, so I'm not worry if the delivery guy just takes off and can't answer any of my questions. Either way, I'm accepting the car regardless of the condition, but will be going over it with a fine tooth comb afterwards and recording any issues I find on my Tesla app. Rejecting a car will bump you down the line as they won't look for a replacement because there aren't any available. So unless the car was t-boned and there's some serious frame damage or the car is undrivable, most people are going to accept the delivery and have Tesla fix any issues after the fact - which fortunately they're good about doing, so that's one plus.
This, +1. Pardon my "accept delivery" button statement if is misleading. At the time I already had the app installed but was not able to unlock the car when the car was first dropped off. I had to specifically go to Tesla.com/account and click Accept in order to get the App to "synchronize" per se. Maybe this has changed since, but I'm not sure. As long as you have the app and Tesla.com/account page is cleared, you should be open to unlock the car. I'm on the same page as long as the car is in good shape not in a wreck or any absurd panel alignment issue I will be accepting it.

Definitely listen to SDM44, he's a veteran. I'm still learning here. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming. I'm OK with my current EDD; the concern I have is whether or not additional MYP orders will be moved to the front of the line and push back my build further. Is there any evidence of that happening?
Replying to myself on this one - I spoke to my SA about this. It sounds like it's not so much that MYP orders get bumped ahead of MYLRs; what I gathered from the convo is that the factory is receiving trim-specific parts at a fixed rate that currently doesn't match up with sizes of the respective order backlogs. So if, for example, they get the same number of P and LR rear motors from their suppliers every month, but there are twice as many outstanding LR orders as P orders, then the LR orders will take twice as long to fulfill. SA is still confident that my order won't get pushed back further, but time will tell.

I haven't canceled my ID.4 AWD order yet, just in case...

Reactions: AK_MYP
Replying to myself on this one - I spoke to my SA about this. It sounds like it's not so much that MYP orders get bumped ahead of MYLRs; what I gathered from the convo is that the factory is receiving trim-specific parts at a fixed rate that currently doesn't match up with sizes of the respective order backlogs. So if, for example, they get the same number of P and LR rear motors from their suppliers every month, but there are twice as many outstanding LR orders as P orders, then the LR orders will take twice as long to fulfill. SA is still confident that my order won't get pushed back further, but time will tell.

The MYP and MYLR builds do not interfere with each other, and I know this from my LR and Perf orders. My EDD never changed on my LR due to my Perf order or from others ordering a Performance Model Y. Your SA is right and you don't need to worry about one order slowing down the other. They're complete separate from each other, minus the fact that they're both on your account.

Reactions: TheRock23
I keep trying it I call the 888-519-3752 to see where my MYP is since I got my VIN yesterday and I can’t seem to get anyone on the phone. Am I calling the right number?

Can I schedule delivery now that I have my VIN?

Have some patience. As soon as your get your VIN, that means your car is getting built, or just got built in Freemont. Depending on where you live, it will take some time for your car to be transported over to you. If you're in CA (even in SoCal), then it'll show up usually in 1-2 days. If you're on the East Coast, it could be 1-2 weeks for delivery on a semi. I see that you're in Washington state, so that could take a few days to a week to get to you.

Once the car shows up to your local Delivery Center, then they'll reach out to you and schedule a delivery date.

Have some patience. As soon as your get your VIN, that means your car is getting built, or just got built in Freemont. Depending on where you live, it will take some time for your car to be transported over to you. If you're in CA (even in SoCal), then it'll show up usually in 1-2 days. If you're on the East Coast, it could be 1-2 weeks for delivery on a semi. I see that you're in Washington state, so that could take a few days to a week to get to you.

Once the car shows up to your local Delivery Center, then they'll reach out to you and schedule a delivery date.
Thanks