Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks amazing. You are selling me hard on those 5% tint. PPF you did full body?

Edit: never mind , steal wrap has to be full body, can’t wait to see those afterwords.
HAHA! I mean.......I have 0 regrets of getting 5% tbh but also because the white interior makes the front so bright (which I don't mind) I knew I wanted 5% in front. I can actually get it darker but we'll see, pretty happy with it right now!

Yes, I'll post more pics when it's all done this weekend/Monday!

Reactions: lchen6
Been following you all for sometime but had yet to post.

EDD 8/24-9/13. Hasn’t changed since 8/10.

Ordered 8/4: Blue MYP/black/no tow/ No FSD

I had a MYLR order from 5/28 I finally canceled two weeks ago. Originally placed MYP order thinking I would take whichever came first but then decided I really wanted the MYP anyhow.
Nice, we've ordered the exact same spec and live in the same area. Looks like we're both tracking - you ordered a week before me.

8/23-9/5 still … wondering if a change to blue exterior will totally reset it or not …
Controversial-ish opinion, but these are $60k+ cars that we'll presumably keep for a few years. I think waiting a few more weeks is worth it to get exactly what you want. I've owned a few black cars. They're amazing if you're committed to keeping them clean. I had a blue M3 and would say it's way easier to keep clean.

At the rapid pace Tesla is manufacturing and delivering vehicles the window is short from assembly to delivery usually within few days. The recommendation is not to car wash until after 30days of delivery for the paint to settle. Is it not true anymore.

Most paint jobs are cured at the factory, so you can wash the car after it ships out. Dealerships will always wash a car when they receive it after transport because it's usually dusty & dirty when they get it. It's no different with Tesla, as they'll wash your car before delivering it to you. I just had to wash my car after taking delivery of it because it was delivered to me in the rain and was dirty all over from that.

Now putting a sealant or PPF over the paint may be a different story for some cars, but again most manufacturers these days have a process of painting and curing before it leaves the assembly line.

Here’s a better photo before it gets stealth wrap ppf and ceramic!

Tints: 5% all around and 50% windshield 3M IR Ceramic
Did you tint the glass roof? I had it done on my 3 but when I try to quote for the Y, installer said the benefit is minimal and suggest me to wait it out and see.

With that being said, my tinted roof on the 3 still requires me to put one of those sunshade thing to lower the heat and light for my toddler to comfortably sit in and sleep.

Did you tint the glass roof? I had it done on my 3 but when I try to quote for the Y, installer said the benefit is minimal and suggest me to wait it out and see.

With that being said, my tinted roof on the 3 still requires me to put one of those sunshade thing to lower the heat and light for my toddler to comfortably sit in and sleep.
I didn't, I was contemplating doing it but wanted to test it out first without it. If I end up wanting it, I'll get it done but so far so good

Reactions: Konoyei and lchen6
I look forward to the pics!

It does seem like everyone's experience is somewhat unique. I've certainly had much longer waits with far less info for ICE vehicles.

I have no complaints at all about my order experience and info flow from Tesla so far. In my case, I received an email in less than an hour of placing the order from a SA in Las Vegas. No idea why I was assigned a remote SA. She was very responsive and eventually connected me to a delivery manager (also Las Vegas based) for my more detailed questions about delivery. He has also been very responsive and clear. He is blunt that what he can share is based on anecdotal experience, not some magical system level detail. As one would expect it is with few exceptions all algorithm based.
Got vin today.

Wow, interesting, it looks like multiple people with the same config as me (MYP blue on white, no fsd, no tow) got their VINs assigned today/yesterday, but you guys are all in NY/NJ.

Considering they initially said my "soft date" was 8/22 a few weeks ago, maybe this proves the theory that they build the similar configurations together, but then reassigned my car to someone else to fill up a truck to NY or something.