Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue/white MYP was in inventory for several minutes, was so tempting …
At the risk of sounding salty, you would think their matching system would assign the car to someone like me (Ordered same spec, waiting since 7/8), instead of putting it up for an inventory sale…
Oh well, guess there’s no point stressing about things I can’t control.

At the risk of sounding salty, you would think their matching system would assign the car to someone like me (Ordered same spec, waiting since 7/8), instead of putting it up for an inventory sale…
I still wonder how exact matches don’t just get assigned to the next person on the waiting list. At this point it doesn’t seem like there would be any new inventory. I assume it has to do with transport charges if it gets cancelled after being delivered to a SC?

I still wonder how exact matches don’t just get assigned to the next person on the waiting list. At this point it doesn’t seem like there would be any new inventory. I assume it has to do with transport charges if it gets cancelled after being delivered to a SC?
It must be that the car was already en route to a destination and the buyer rejected their order after receiving the VIN. Atleast that is what I will tell myself 🥲

Or maybe Tesla has considered that I am already a captive customer, so they could possibly make an extra sale by putting this one up as inventory

But you ordered a new car. It’s not a waiting list for used cars. (Presumably this was a trade-in or demo vehicle)

it would be cool if such a option existed (“if a used car matches my spec I want it”), but that would be complicated (how many miles would you accept) and the current wait time situation and used car market is abnormal.

Reactions: SushiMY
But you ordered a new car. It’s not a waiting list for used cars. (Presumably this was a trade-in or demo vehicle)

it would be cool if such a option existed (“if a used car matches my spec I want it”), but that would be complicated (how many miles would you accept) and the current wait time situation and used car market is abnormal.
Actually, this was a new car. I was even able to see that it was in my area (<25 miles from me), but wasnt fast enough to buy it. If you setup a web monitor to refresh the model y new inventory on Tesla’s website, you will see they add brand new model y’s every few days. Most of the time they are sold in <2-3 min after being posted. Some members here have even successfully grabbed identical new cars from the inventory to their existing orders, and then cancelled the order.

While for MYP it is not as bad, considering there is a 6 month waitlist for a MYLR, you would think it wouldn’t be possible for them to have “unmatched” new inventory ever available, but it pops up multiple times a week, presumably rather than being reassigned to someone else in the queue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.53.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.53.54 PM.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Actually, this was a new car. I was even able to see that it was in my area (<25 miles from me), but wasnt fast enough to buy it. If you setup a web monitor to refresh the model y new inventory on Tesla’s website, you will see they add brand new model y’s every few days. Most of the time they are sold in <2-3 min after being posted. Some members here have even successfully grabbed identical new cars from the inventory to their existing orders, and then cancelled the order.

While for MYP it is not as bad, considering there is a 6 month waitlist for a MYLR, you would think it wouldn’t be possible for them to have “unmatched” new inventory ever available, but it pops up multiple times a week, presumably rather than being reassigned to someone else in the queue.
I think these cars have either been rejected at delivery or canceled by the person who ordered at the last minute, but that’s just my theory on where they are coming from randomly.

What are my next steps to do a loan match from DCU? Submit MVPA, get approved from DCU and then ask my SA(who never responds) to switch to tesla loan and loan match?
Did you receive the MVPA? I got the VIN yesterday but the only change I see on my account page is the EDD. There's no option to submit the final payment and review agreements button is still greyed out..