Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Jama. We are excited. I'd never test driven (or been) in a MY or M3 before. We ordered on July 4 and went for our first test drive late in July. Our SA was excellent in scheduling back-to-back test driving appointments for MYP, MYLR, M3LR and M3P. We were amazed!

Climbing into my wife's nearly new Range Rover Sport after the test drives, we felt like we were in an old fashioned slow car. Never though her 500+ hp beast would feel slow, but it did. The sea of buttons and complex controls also seemed so dated an old fashioned. The MYP is for another state. It will be interesting to see how long we can keep from buying a Tesla for here too!

Does anyone

Congrats! Can you give a short description of the delivery process to your home? Did you review the car while the Tesla rep was still there or did they leave immiediately? Did you have to pay any remaining balance on the vehicle before or at delivery?
Thanks!
Someone from Tesla drove my car to my house. What was kind of funny was that the Uber driver taking the guy back to Tesla SC showed up first, and I had to explain what was going on to her so she waited for Tesla guy. I went inside to tend to my dog while the car was being dropped off so I didn't actually see the Tesla guy at all.

I paid for the car almost 3 weeks ago when the VIN was issued and the payment button showed up. I didn't know it was an option to have the car delivered without making the final payment arrangements. I figured that they would take care of any issues that comes up upon my inspection anyway. Also I thought I had the option of not accepting delivery if something drastic happened with the car before I hit the accept button. But so far it seems to be all good, so I'm happy with the process.

Reactions: Ormond and TripleA
Yea I am, I have a a set of Replika 241s on the way and will likely pick up some X-Ice Snow tires this weekend with all the sales going on. Initially I didn't go with T-Sportline's set because they were more expensive than getting everything separately, but the labor day sale they're having doesn't make it a bad deal imo.
I ordered 19x9.5 Replika r241's from 1010tires.com and a set of Vredestein Wintrac Pros (255/45/19) from Tire Rack to go with them. I'll order the TPMS direct from Tesla for $75 each (if that's still the price) then have them mounted at Discount Tire. Looks like the tires are already being delivered today, so they must have had them in-stock at the Roseville warehouse. I now have a nice little stockpile of things (mudflaps, NEMA 14-50 adapter, tesla wall charger, wheels, tires) for a car I don't even have a VIN for yet.

Zainthy - where did you get your Replikas from?

I ordered 19x9.5 Replika r241's from 1010tires.com and a set of Vredestein Wintrac Pros (255/45/19) from Tire Rack to go with them. I'll order the TPMS direct from Tesla for $75 each (if that's still the price) then have them mounted at Discount Tire. Looks like the tires are already being delivered today, so they must have had them in-stock at the Roseville warehouse. I now have a nice little stockpile of things (mudflaps, NEMA 14-50 adapter, tesla wall charger, wheels, tires) for a car I don't even have a VIN for yet.

I got them from here: CanadaWheels.ca - Your Experts in Wheels, Tires & Auto Parts With shipping it came out to about $1300 CAD or $1000 USD for the set. They just shipped them today and took about 7 business days to process. Unsure of how long it'll take DHL to deliver but it was the best price I could find on them for someone who would deliver to the US.

Reactions: minnesnowta

I'm sure most of us here had a pile of stuff waiting for our cars to arrive. I certainly did! By the way, you might need to return those mudflaps. My MYP arrived today with mudflaps and rear PPF already installed. I had bought a set of those mudflaps beforehand so I'll need to return them.

I'm thinking about a pick-up rather than delivery. But they don't allow it.
Yes, it’s a little odd. Even last week the SA had mentioned my car would be picked up at Fremont factory. When I ordered it told me pickup was the only option as home delivery wasn’t available for my address.
But once I got the VIN, it seems to have automatically changed to home delivery. I only live about 10 min from the factory, so either is fine for me.

Yes, it’s a little odd. Even last week the SA had mentioned my car would be picked up at Fremont factory. When I ordered it told me pickup was the only option as home delivery wasn’t available for my address.
But once I got the VIN, it seems to have automatically changed to home delivery. I only live about 10 min from the factory, so either is fine for me.
Interesting. Good to know!

Are these texts normal from Tesla?
It seems to be accurate because of the recent turn of only allowing contactless delivery, but before I clicked the link I wanted to check here with you guys and make sure I wasn't the only one getting some potential random link 😅

Also this text got me super excited at first till I kept reading more lol.

Screenshot_20210901-142825_Messages.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Are these texts normal from Tesla?
It seems to be accurate because of the recent turn of only allowing contactless delivery, but before I clicked the link I wanted to check here with you guys and make sure I wasn't the only one getting some potential random link 😅

Also this text got me super excited at first till I kept reading more lol.

Those are just a generic invite they send out periodically to those with orders. I have received them 3 times now.

Reactions: jebinc