Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there data or evidence to support this other than the regular anecdotal evidence that Tesla QC sucks regardless of where on the calendar a car is made? Because I'm still firmly in the belief that there is literally no difference between a car made the last week of September and one made the first week of October.
I dont, but just speaking from experience on how assembly line operates, when there is pressure, or pushes to meet some sort of insane expectation, then the whole mfg team/cycle gets the intense pressure, its just nature that the more pressure the more things can go wrong =P (from what I have seen in my experience on other assembly cycle). Given also Tesla QA/QC is not top notch to begin with =P from what we have seen in the issues with many one deliveries... I certainly hope they can be the exception as I am awaiting mine delivery (could be in next week).

I dont, but just speaking from experience on how assembly line operates, when there is pressure, or pushes to meet some sort of insane expectation, then the whole mfg team/cycle gets the intense pressure, its just nature that the more pressure the more things can go wrong =P (from what I have seen in my experience on other assembly cycle). Given also Tesla QA/QC is not top notch to begin with =P from what we have seen in the issues with many one deliveries... I certainly hope they can be the exception as I am awaiting mine delivery (could be in next week).
I hope no one takes my position as argumentative or obstinate -- because of my focus on psychology I find America's proclivity for "gut instinct" over evidence to be worrisome. I found this recently trend of "I don't want an EOQ car" to be very irrational. That said, because you have assembly line experience I'll accept that there may be instances where some extreme QC examples might arise.

I hope no one takes my position as argumentative or obstinate -- because of my focus on psychology I find America's proclivity for "gut instinct" over evidence to be worrisome. I found this recently trend of "I don't want an EOQ car" to be very irrational. That said, because you have assembly line experience I'll accept that there may be instances where some extreme QC examples might arise.
So, then EOQ anxiety isn’t irrational, after all, right?! 🤣

You also have no way to know if a run from end of September won’t be the deliveries in October.
Back in early July many of the cars delivered had build dates in June.
Tesla has cars parked up all over Fremont factory hence why people get different VIN ranges.
Not all cars roll right if production to a waiting truck. Especially with the part shortages in airbags, seatbelts etc. Some get parked awaiting parts.

Reactions: AK_MYP
Ordered on 7/31 with EDD of 9/7-9/27. When 9/7 came around it went to 9/9-9/27. This morning it changed to 9/12-9/30. For those with trade in, where does it say that the trade in value will expire?
It doesn’t. Go back to your emails to see when they sent you trade approval email. They will notify you to reverify trade 30 days after. Either the day before or day of.
I did 3x on my LR order previously. Each time they gave me a higher price then before.

You also have no way to know if a run from end of September won’t be the deliveries in October.
Back in early July many of the cars delivered had build dates in June.
Tesla has cars parked up all over Fremont factory hence why people get different VIN ranges.
Not all cars roll right if production to a waiting truck. Especially with the part shortages in airbags, seatbelts etc. Some get parked awaiting parts.
Also, how does this perceived "EOQ rush"... making the assumption that there is actually a "rush" (I don't see focusing on west coast deliveries as "rushing" but rather pragmatic) ... any different than any other car manufacturer? Does Volkswagen rush to meet their BPO? Ford? Why do we assume Tesla is automatically guilty of "**** it, send it anyway"?

Also, how does this perceived "EOQ rush"... making the assumption that there is actually a "rush" (I don't see focusing on west coast deliveries as "rushing" but rather pragmatic) ... any different than any other car manufacturer? Does Volkswagen rush to meet their BPO? Ford? Why do we assume Tesla is automatically guilty of "**** it, send it anyway"?
Well, Elon did tweet the other day that this EOQ rush was going to be “epic,” so there’s that…………..

Reactions: Starway2001
If you think Tesla is this horrible at making cars maybe you should buy something else.
personally, I would not be delaying just for these concern unless I know there will be a major added feature/function in the latter production. They are top notch in concept/tech/innovation in EV, but certainly not up to par on production quality consistency so far compare to others. But I am a tech person, so tech wins, also their sales number speaks for itself right =)

Reactions: Starway2001
personally, I would not be delaying just for these concern unless I know there will be a major added feature/function in the latter production. They are top notch in concept/tech/innovation in EV, but certainly not up to par on production quality consistency so far compare to others. But I am a tech person, so tech wins, also their sales number speaks for itself right =)
I am rethinking and I think everyone should put their orders on hold till October.

Ensure I get mine quick :D