Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my vin yesterday and I’m curious, anyone else have a 268xxx? Still a 2021 according to decode (10th digit is not an N) but looks like most ive seen are less than 267xxx.
Mine is also an M, so 2021 that’s 267xxx with EDD 9/20 - 9/26. Also delivery on a new MYP now shows as November on the site. I was considering releasing it for a 2022, but not sure I want to get bumped THAT far back.

I ordered MYP to replace my MYLR after one year. Really like few things that they updated (heated steering wheel, double glass windows, central console) plus extra torque always helps ;).
When I was ordering on 9/8 site said November, but currently in the account page it says Oct 5 - Oct 25, so might be a good point for people that waiting 2022 VINs to order now.

Reactions: tbcboo
It will be less than a 2022 but not tens of thousand less. But I sure dont buy a car and think of resale value. These are no collectable cars.

The difference right now on the wholesale market of a 2020 vs 2021 MY LR is less than $1200 on avg.
So.... I took delivery of a (>$150,000) Plaid on 8/13 (less than a month ago). The car has 900 miles on it. Tesla's trade-in value for my VIN is ~$94,000 (Yeah, that's right - for a car in short supply). Now, imagine what it would be if the Plaid was a 2020 and lead times for new weren't like they are today... Just imagine...

So.... I took delivery of a (>$150,000) Plaid on 8/13 (less than a month ago). The car has 900 miles on it. Tesla's trade-in value for my VIN is ~$94,000 (Yeah, that's right - for a car in short supply). Now, imagine what it would be if the Plaid was a 2020 and lead times for new weren't like they are today... Just imagine...

Well you are taking Plaid... those are HOT right now. But Ys are just your everyday man car. If I found a Plaid, I buy it and flip it, easy money.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Well you are taking Plaid... those are HOT right now. But Ys are just your everyday man car. If I found a Plaid, I buy it and flip it, easy money.
@Wingwinghello I think you missed my point.... Tesla devalued my new Plaid by more than $60,000 in less than a month - for a "Hot" car, as you say... Imagine how much more of a hit I would take if it were not a "Hot" car, a 2020, instead of a 2021, and plentiful, like an every day MY....

Reactions: joula