Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD is 8/19 and my EDD is currently sitting at 9/12-9/30...I hope I end up being in the same group! Do you know if your VIN is consistent with the most recent deliveries? I haven't seen many (any?) Bay Area buyers getting deliveries scheduled.
Yeah VINs in the 260s seem to be the most newly built! I'm sure yours will probably get a VIN in about a week!! Haven't seen many west coast deliveries in general, so hopefully it's a sign they're doing the west coast EOQ push.

Where were your gaps?

That's pretty close to what I ordered.

How quick between Vin assign and delivery was it? You got a home delivery?
20210911_113649.jpg
20210911_113618.jpg
20210911_113607.jpg
20210911_131756.jpg
20210911_133329.jpg

Reactions: Gurule92
Yeah VINs in the 260s seem to be the most newly built! I'm sure yours will probably get a VIN in about a week!! Haven't seen many west coast deliveries in general, so hopefully it's a sign they're doing the west coast EOQ push.
Getting VIN in about a week is exactly what I'm afraid of, I'm going to be out of town 9/22-9/28 so unless delivery can happen before that (which is totally possible but is feeling less and less likely), I'll be joining team Q4...well hopefully. Could be Q1 who knows

Drives amazing. Almost surreal to finally be able to drive it. So fast and jumpy. I actually like the firm ride. Feels very confident and sporty.
Curious about ride firmness. I definitely prefer a firmer ride, especially if the alternative is a boat on skates, but can't tell where MYP places on the spectrum of cars. What would you say is a comparable ride? I'm coming from a Corolla and assume I won't experience too much of a difference, but not sure considering how often it's pointed out

Curious about ride firmness. I definitely prefer a firmer ride, especially if the alternative is a boat on skates, but can't tell where MYP places on the spectrum of cars. What would you say is a comparable ride? I'm coming from a Corolla and assume I won't experience too much of a difference, but not sure considering how often it's pointed out
I just took delivery last week and while I test drove the MYP all the chatter about the bumpy ride made me worried. It may be bumpy but it doesn’t seem like it to me. I was driving a Honda CRV, it’s certainly better than that. My wife has an Audi Q5 and that handles the bumps better than the MYP but on clean roads the MYP glides along fantastically.

Great car, I just wish it came with AS tires.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Ride is definitely more firm coming from a model 3 mid range. You’ll feel those bumps and also the steering is heavier in standard mode. You got the performance for a reason right?

Getting VIN in about a week is exactly what I'm afraid of, I'm going to be out of town 9/22-9/28 so unless delivery can happen before that (which is totally possible but is feeling less and less likely), I'll be joining team Q4...well hopefully. Could be Q1 who knows
Same, except I'm getting back the 30th. Hoping it comes this week otherwise they'll have to drop it off the 30th.

Hmm. Tough to say what car is comparable. I never drove bmw or Audi or Mercedes. I had a 2017 Subaru WRX and couldn't have coffee cups in the car because the ride was so stiff. This car seems a little more smoother than the WRX and I can have coffee cups in here without it spilling. If you're going from a corolla to the performance or the long range, you'll notice the difference and will hopefully appreciate the firm ride.

Ride is definitely more firm coming from a model 3 mid range. You’ll feel those bumps and also the steering is heavier in standard mode. You got the performance for a reason right?
Definitely. My expectation is that it won't bother me at all, but all the talk has me curious. It almost seems like everyone with a youtube channel is coming from driving an SUV with how much they talk about it. Judging from the other responses I'm seeing, it seems kinda surprising that it's even worth mentioning beyond as a comparison between MYLR/M3. If anything, the ride is likely going to be smoother than what I've been set up to expect, at least for me.

I was in a class all day today. On a break I opened up the Tesla web page to check my EDD (which is bookmarked to the MY existing inventory page), and saw a MYP MSM black interior available in local inventory. I thought it over...I originally wanted MSM before I changed my order to the MYP. I refreshed again and it was still there. I clicked view details, expecting it to vanish but nope, still there. I checked my EDD and saw no change, then went back to the inventory: MYP MSM still there. So I bought it.

I got a call 5 minutes or so after I submitted all the info and accepted the loan offer. My local SC wanted to know if I could come get it today!

Unfortunately, I couldn't because class, but I scheduled for first thing Monday morning. I asked the SA if the car had been rejected for flaws or anything and he said no.

The pessimist in me is still in disbelief, like I'm expecting another call Monday saying "oops, that was a mistake, to the back of the line with you."