Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I know lots os patience is required when ordering a new car, but I keep seeing posts of people who have ordered in September and already had an EDD. I order my White MYLR with Black interior and 19" wheels on 8/24 and completed my profile about two weeks later, but still get the message "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Is that normal for most people?

I know lots os patience is required when ordering a new car, but I keep seeing posts of people who have ordered in September and already had an EDD. I order my White MYLR with Black interior and 19" wheels on 8/24 and completed my profile about two weeks later, but still get the message "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Is that normal for most people?
Unfortunately for you, it seems like most, if not all, of the deliveries you are seeing are for the MYP, not the MYLR. Tesla historically prioritizes the trims that bring in the most money, especially at the end of the quarter. If you NEED your car sooner rather than later, consider switching to the performance. It's not a guarantee, but you will likely take delivery much sooner.

Man I ordered the MYLR in APRIL and am still waiting for that (says, Nov-Dec) - pulled the trigger on the MYP because I just cannot wait that long

Reactions: nerdknob and jebinc
I guess it highly depends on where you live and which trim you order. I ordered my MYP (which has shorter EDD) on 09/10, the website initially says the EDD would be in November. However, once I placed the order, it showed the EDD between 09/25-09/30. 5 days later, I got my vin and the EDD showed 09/28-09/30. I was quite surprised about it since I hadn't expected its arrival until the end of this year. now, I have to get my cash ready👿

BTW, it is in Houston.

Just got the delivery text. Home delivery was my only option as others are seeing. Soonest date I could get was this Saturday between 8am-12pm.

Matte PPF arrives today so I’m going to have a busy weekend installing that lol.
Are you a pro/experienced with PPF? Curious what kind of time and effort is required. Any tutorials you prefer/recommend for a first timer? Considering doing the front/hood & mirrors/sideskirts myself.

Reactions: jebinc and RyStar