Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea but I traded into Tesla and they would of charged $1500 for wrap removal fee. I removed it myself.

When pricing my car, I can check that excellent box like on KBB. that brings the cars value up by a couple thousand I think, after I remove the wrap.

I spent $4200. Friends shop did it for me. I didn't expect to get anything for aftermarket stuff put onto the car.

It protected my car from scratches and rock chips. I had about 4 rock chips on the front bumper that rocks took off the wrap and the ppf was exposed. No damage after taking off the ppf. Driver door someone opened their door into my car and wrap was damaged. No damage to the paint. Something feel onto the corner or someone opened their door at the rear corner near the charge port and I noticed ripples and scratches in the ppf. No paint damage. Passenger side rear quarter and rear window busted into and the door was scratched up by the glass cause probably the as*hole leaned into the car. No damage to the paint.

All in all, would I ppf/wrap the car again, yes I would, but thats just me
But you never saw your paint as the whole car was wrapped in solid vinyl wrapper? So, you protected it for the next owner, who didn’t pay you any more for doing so? I get the partial frontal clear PPF, as I’ve done that myself in the past.

I dont think the value argument can be made for full PPF. This car is nowhere close to being an exotic or something that would appreciate in value. It would cost significantly less to have any chips professionally repaired. However, if there's value in protecting the car for it's next owner or for your own peace of mind then by all means. Your money, not mine :)

Reactions: jebinc
whats the big deal with PPF on tesla's? ive never heard of PPF till i owned tesla's. real question!
As many already answered, it's too protect the paint. These cars have a giant face with no holes since the cars don't have a huge intercooler, so it's more susceptible to getting dinged and scratched by rocks on the road.

I had just a full front PPF on my old car and I could definitely tell when a rock from the car in front got sent to my hood or bumper. But the ppf would protect the paint for the most part. So yeah I personally think it's a good investment and I think that's why tesla's get vinyl wrapped or ppf cause of the huge front bumpers. They are basically big targets 😅