Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier today I made the executive decision to put my MYP order placed 9/22 on HOLD until January 2022. My EDD as of now was Nov-Dec. Several reasons with one being I really want a "2022" stamp. A secondary push was that my TSportline wheels are still backordered from ordering in September and also the Vredenstein tires I have on order are backordered until the end of December 2021. I can't roll around on summer tires here in December. Plus, if the EV tax credits pass, that's $7500 extra I can extract by exempting Fed tax from paychecks for a quick bit. Not counting on that, but a possible bonus.

I'll still be checking out the boards to see how things are moving along. Best of luck to everyone getting there Y's! :)

Earlier today I made the executive decision to put my MYP order placed 9/22 on HOLD until January 2022. My EDD as of now was Nov-Dec. Several reasons with one being I really want a "2022" stamp. A secondary push was that my TSportline wheels are still backordered from ordering in September and also the Vredenstein tires I have on order are backordered until the end of December 2021. I can't roll around on summer tires here in December. Plus, if the EV tax credits pass, that's $7500 extra I can extract by exempting Fed tax from paychecks for a quick bit. Not counting on that, but a possible bonus.

I'll still be checking out the boards to see how things are moving along. Best of luck to everyone getting there Y's! :)
That's the same build I picked but I added FSD. I'll gladly swap you places! I ordered 9/27 and they pushed me back to late December. I just want a car, I don't really care about any credits. o_O

Speculation time. Let’s say tax credit passes (effective Jan 1st) and a bunch of MYP orders scheduled to be delivered in Nov/Dec are having thoughts of putting orders on hold. It makes sense to me that Tesla would either reward those willing to take delivery as scheduled in 2021 or punish those who try to delay delivery until after January 1. They could give 2021 deliveries an FSD discount or something similar. This is doubtful. Or maybe they tell people unwilling to take delivery in 2021 that they lose their place in line if they put a hold on until 2022. That way people who don’t want to wait or MYLR buyers who change their mind to an MYP can scoop up the held order. No matter what happens, if this thing passes some are gonna get totally hosed and some are gonna get a great deal.

Speculation time. Let’s say tax credit passes (effective Jan 1st) and a bunch of MYP orders scheduled to be delivered in Nov/Dec are having thoughts of putting orders on hold. It makes sense to me that Tesla would either reward those willing to take delivery as scheduled in 2021 or punish those who try to delay delivery until after January 1. They could give 2021 deliveries an FSD discount or something similar. This is doubtful. Or maybe they tell people unwilling to take delivery in 2021 that they lose their place in line if they put a hold on until 2022. That way people who don’t want to wait or MYLR buyers who change their mind to an MYP can scoop up the held order. No matter what happens, if this thing passes some are gonna get totally hosed and some are gonna get a great deal.

I went into buying my MYP with a $1500 CA tax credit and excited delivery of November. Nothing else expected and I’d still take it. Now that it’s EDD 12/8-12/31, losing $750 in the CA tax credit, not “needing” the car as it will be our third, and garaged pleasure vehicle, I’ll have no problem holding my delivery till 22 should something possibly be passed. To your point, I’d also take some incentive from Tesla instead because I think a lot of people would do the same thing seeing 22 vins delayed and possible tax credits next year. Big decisions to make as eager as is am to just get the car. Getting an EOQ California car close to the new year just makes no sense to me at this point when an incentive could pay for my full PPF/tint. 😁

Reactions: Jbapckfan and ltsr
Unfortunately I needed the car yesterday.

That's the same build I picked but I added FSD. I'll gladly swap you places! I ordered 9/27 and they pushed me back to late December. I just want a car, I don't really care about any credits. o_O
Mine would have likely been pushed out until later December anyways. The credit if it happens would be a bonus, but I already pulled the cash to pay in full into an account when I was expecting delivery in October originally.

Reactions: pittsy
5ABA93D5-E827-4877-B861-A69681D4358F.jpeg

Update on my friend tha had an EDD of 10/27-11/8.. now 12/20-12/31

Just got a VIN assigned around 10PM tonight! OD: 9/20 blue/white/tow, no FSD. EDD had been moving around a bunch, and today I entered my EDD window for the third time. EDD now 10/29-11/4. Some of the 2022 updates would be nice, but I'm just excited to get the car! Plus with the new AZ changes in EV registration fees the fees increase significantly if I take delivery in 2022 (and would stay elevated every time I renew registration).

I’ve seen that happen a few times. EDD seeems to jump to Dec pretty quick.

I don’t see a scenario where Tesla gives us any type of incentive to take delivery before 1/1. If people pass, there will be Plenty of people waiting to take our cars.

Also, I expect more price increases.

The best protection against being forced into it 2021 if you are adamant about getting a 2022 and trying to avoid any future price increases will be to time a second order probably sometime in November as soon as the deliveries change to January. There has to be a ton of people right now with two undelivered orders.

Reactions: Tabor