Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The best protection against being forced into it 2021 if you are adamant about getting a 2022 and trying to avoid any future price increases will be to time a second order probably sometime in November as soon as the deliveries change to January. There has to be a ton of people right now with two undelivered orders.
If that’s the idea. Order now. Get your deposit and price locked in, finalize the profile in Nov.

Just got a VIN assigned around 10PM tonight! OD: 9/20 blue/white/tow, no FSD. EDD had been moving around a bunch, and today I entered my EDD window for the third time. EDD now 10/29-11/4. Some of the 2022 updates would be nice, but I'm just excited to get the car! Plus with the new AZ changes in EV registration fees the fees increase significantly if I take delivery in 2022 (and would stay elevated every time I renew registration).
Score one for AZ. Are you going to take it?

I’ve been planning to buy for a while now. And was anticipating taking delivery to take advantage of registration fees. Don’t think I’m going to gamble with what ifs for the incentives. Especially when no one knows what’s going to happen.

Reactions: Darrin.krein
View attachment 727000

Update on my friend tha had an EDD of 10/27-11/8.. now 12/20-12/31
Gross. If my original EDD of 9/21-30 goes to late December I‘ll have to put it on hold… or maybe I’d try to get cute and add tow or something. Taking delivery Dec 31st after a long wait, and then everyone after you saving $8k+ would be brutal. As mentioned above the credit would pay for (in the Midwest) PPF AND an extra set of wheels/tires or something similar. Although I’m not in urgent need of the vehicle If my wife found out I took delivery instead of waiting a bit longer and saving $8k+ I imagine she would be displeased. Now, to be fair, I’m capable of making her feel that way pretty much everyday without Tesla’s help. 😂

I was already prepping my wife last night that if all this passes we will place another order later in the year for another MYP to take advantage of the addtional 4k IL EV tax credit coming to us in July. Saving ~$12,500 is a no brainier, even if 4680 makes it lose value (doubtful).

At least I'll have one to play with until then and the waiting won't be bad at all. We shall see. I'm already prepared to accept not having the tax credit at the moment. What I will have is equity (hopefully, if I time it right) and plenty of time to take advantage.

Good point. Next price increase will likely be the vehicle AND the deposit amount. It‘s not gonna stay at $250. I’d happily pay a larger deposit for better service through this process, if that were an option. Not that a larger deposit would net Tesla more money.
It would, actually. The $250 is on top of the price of the car. Have a look at your order agreement.

Reactions: Tabor
Good point. Next price increase will likely be the vehicle AND the deposit amount. It‘s not gonna stay at $250. I’d happily pay a larger deposit for better service through this process, if that were an option. Not that a larger deposit would net Tesla more money.
Keep in mind that the $250 is not a deposit but rather an Order “fee”. It is an additional cost. So any increase is actually an increase in the cost of the car.

Reactions: Tabor and voxel
Just got a VIN assigned around 10PM tonight! OD: 9/20 blue/white/tow, no FSD. EDD had been moving around a bunch, and today I entered my EDD window for the third time. EDD now 10/29-11/4. Some of the 2022 updates would be nice, but I'm just excited to get the car! Plus with the new AZ changes in EV registration fees the fees increase significantly if I take delivery in 2022 (and would stay elevated every time I renew registration).
Congratulations!
The sprinkle has started before the rain of VINs !!!

I was already prepping my wife last night that if all this passes we will place another order later in the year for another MYP to take advantage of the addtional 4k IL EV tax credit coming to us in July. Saving ~$12,500 is a no brainier, even if 4680 makes it lose value (doubtful).

At least I'll have one to play with until then and the waiting won't be bad at all. We shall see. I'm already prepared to accept not having the tax credit at the moment. What I will have is equity (hopefully, if I time it right) and plenty of time to take advantage.
This article suggests no EV tax credits for Tesla autos because their workforce isn't unionized.

This article suggests no EV tax credits for Tesla auto because their workforce isn't unionized.

There is a portion in the house bill for union, but the majority is not tied to union labor. Under both House and Senate bills Tesla qualifies. It’s just for varying amounts ($8,000-$10,000)

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Got VIN'ed this morning!

White/White, Tow, No FSD
OD: 10/3
EDD's: Nov-Dec, 10/19-11/16, 10/23-11/15, 10/27-11/17, 10/28-11/10, now 10/30-11/5

I did see someone from the same area/county I live in who ordered almost an identical config (only difference was no Tow) on 9/21 post that they decided not to accept delivery at this time. Whether or not that got reassigned to me would be up for speculation. If that was the case, whoever that was, thank you!

Last edited:
Got VIN'ed this morning!

White/White, Tow, No FSD
OD: 10/4
EDD's: Nov-Dec, 10/19-11/16, 10/23-11/15, 10/27-11/17, 10/28-11/10, now 10/30-11/5

I did see someone from the same area/county I live in who ordered almost an identical config (only difference was no Tow) on 9/21 post that they decided not to accept delivery at this time. Whether or not that got reassigned to me would be up for speculation. If that was the case, whoever that was, thank you!
Wow that was a fast turn around, this doesn't make any sense, I order a month prior and still waiting, I know , I know waa waa cry baby... lol

Just kidding bro happy for ya! Let's go VIN's

Score one for AZ. Are you going to take it?

I’ve been planning to buy for a while now. And was anticipating taking delivery to take advantage of registration fees. Don’t think I’m going to gamble with what ifs for the incentives. Especially when no one knows what’s going to happen.
Logic / thought like this is NOT helping me lol. I got notification overnight to finalize my order and am deeply conflicted over "want now" vs "can wait" for next year and possible free cash from the EV stimulus.

Wow that was a fast turn around, this doesn't make any sense, I order a month prior and still waiting, I know , I know waa waa cry baby... lol

Just kidding bro happy for ya! Let's go VIN's

Ahh yeah my apologies. I do feel like it was a fast turn around. I did have a Model X pre-ordered for a couple of months prior to canceling, eating up the $100 deposit, and ordering the Y all on that 10/4 date. Not sure if that goes into factoring priority, who knows. Hopefully yours is right around the corner!

Got VIN'ed this morning!

White/White, Tow, No FSD
OD: 10/4

Seriously don't understand Tesla's way of assigning vehicles but I'll just try and be patient.

Reactions: Starway2001