Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to test drive yesterday. Such an awesome car.

Already had a MYP on order with a black interior.

Decided to change to a white interior. Previous EDD was 11/10-11/24.

Curious how much it will delay my order. Kind of hoping it puts me after the new year to guarantee a 22 model.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Went to test drive yesterday. Such an awesome car.

Already had a MYP on order with a black interior.

Decided to change to a white interior. Previous EDD was 11/10-11/24.

Curious how much it will delay my order. Kind of hoping it puts me after the new year to guarantee a 22 model.
You won’t regret it!

We have black in our M3 and I knew I had to get white.

Most people I’ve talked to that have black interior say they’d get white on their next car. And no one with white regrets it.

Reactions: Starway2001
Just a head's up for all those on the fence about taking delivery before the end of the year... While the bill moving through the house and Senate is still in flux, the difference between taking delivery now versus at the end of the year isn't huge since it only applies to the bonuses for USA made batteries or unionized labor. The main $7500 rebate would remain, and the 200,000 unit cap would go away making Tesla eligible again for the federal tax credit for all purchases after May 24, 2021. The main concern is if they will move the goalposts for the date sold to be after the 1st of the year, but it can't be lost on them the impact that would have in closing out the year. I think most would wait a few weeks if that were the case.

More info can be found here:

High-level takeaways:

1. With the 200,000 vehicle cap removed, Tesla cars sold after May 24, 2021 would be eligible for a $7,500 credit.

2. Most Tesla cars sold starting on January 1, 2022 would be eligible for an $8,000 or $10,000 credit.

3. Because the extra $500 credit (House version) or $2,500 credit (Senate version) would not apply until 2022, the law could depress sales in Q4 2021.

Just a head's up for all those on the fence about taking delivery before the end of the year... While the bill moving through the house and Senate is still in flux, the difference between taking delivery now versus at the end of the year isn't huge since it only applies to the bonuses for USA made batteries or unionized labor. The main $7500 rebate would remain, and the 200,000 unit cap would go away making Tesla eligible again for the federal tax credit for all purchases after May 24, 2021. The main concern is if they will move the goalposts for the date sold to be after the 1st of the year, but it can't be lost on them the impact that would have in closing out the year. I think most would wait a few weeks if that were the case.

More info can be found here:

High-level takeaways:

1. With the 200,000 vehicle cap removed, Tesla cars sold after May 24, 2021 would be eligible for a $7,500 credit.

2. Most Tesla cars sold starting on January 1, 2022 would be eligible for an $8,000 or $10,000 credit.

3. Because the extra $500 credit (House version) or $2,500 credit (Senate version) would not apply until 2022, the law could depress sales in Q4 2021.

The incentive starts 1/1/2022 or 5/24/21? I think it starts 1/1/2022 if they pass the bill.

The incentive starts 1/1/2022 or 5/24/21? I think it starts 1/1/2022 if they pass the bill.
The Senate bill (which has passed) is retroactive to May. The House bill (which has NOT passed) is 1/1/2022.

If the House bill passes they still have to negotiate and deliver a final compromise bill to the President for signature.

The Senate bill (which has passed) is retroactive to May. The House bill (which has NOT passed) is 1/1/2022.

If the House bill passes they still have to negotiate and deliver a final compromise bill to the President for signature.
I thought the bipartisan Senate version that passed in August didn’t address EV tax credits. It’s the new version they want to pass by reconciliation that has the credits, and it hasn’t passed yet. Am I wrong?

I thought the bipartisan Senate version that passed in August didn’t address EV tax credits. It’s the new version they want to pass by reconciliation that has the credits, and it hasn’t passed yet. Am I wrong?
This is what I’m basing my latest info off of. They’ve been all over it from the beginning and have the most detailed analysis I’ve seen.

Graphic is from their running updates.

C30AB62A-6E27-4B4B-BB44-B653181A3FCF.jpeg