Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I should've mentioned who I worked for when I ordered my car? I might've gotten my car sooner!!! LOL!!!!
I feel that would and probably still could make a difference. I'm convinced there's a connection (albeit strawman) between SAs and order matching, even if it isn't exactly direct influence. You of all those waiting should absolutely make some noise, esp with your IRL role. Someone's going to notice. And great work on the video btw, thanks for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: Starway2001
Actually, there are range changes for the 3/Y in 2022 models.

Those are only-on-paper changes. There were no changes to the MY. Instead of listing the average range for the LR with different wheels, Tesla decided for whatever reason to drop the range slightly on paper for the less aero optional wheels and raise it for the Geminis which are more aero.

This is essentially provable via common sense. It would take a mighty odd change to the drivetrain and/or software to boost the mileage slightly for one type of wheel and drop it slightly for another wheel on the same vehicle. Its all aerodynamics. The reissue of the “standard" Model 3 may be a different story. But same goes for LR version of Model 3

Time to reveal what I do IRL. I am a video content editor having worked with Top Gear, Motortrend and most recently ICONS.

My newest video premiered today … “Tesla MS Plaid vs BMW M5 vs Blackwing”. The Plaid’s performance demonstrated here is jaw dropping.
As a fellow video editor / graphic designer, VERY well done sir! Especially like the CC ("Uh, ahem. [Poop came out]") :oops:😆

I feel that would and probably still could make a difference. I'm convinced there's a connection (albeit strawman) between SAs and order matching, even if it isn't exactly direct influence. You of all those waiting should absolutely make some noise, esp with your IRL role. Someone's going to notice. And great work on the video btw, thanks for sharing!
I've sent the link to all the various text numbers I've received since August.

This is my friend’s Y 15 min after picking up at my house, my son approves. Bring me my Y. 🤣

Attachments

• FD685B85-9579-47B7-B6A6-B126630F4B10.jpeg
    FD685B85-9579-47B7-B6A6-B126630F4B10.jpeg
    494.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 4BEF1137-6459-4180-98AA-D260A92341BB.jpeg
    4BEF1137-6459-4180-98AA-D260A92341BB.jpeg
    778.7 KB · Views: 50
Time to reveal what I do IRL. I am a video content editor having worked with Top Gear, Motortrend and most recently ICONS.

My newest video premiered today … “Tesla MS Plaid vs BMW M5 vs Blackwing”. The Plaid’s performance demonstrated here is jaw dropping.

Wait ‘til you see what I’m working on next. ;) To quote @Clark_Kent I am “not without agency.” You’re damn right.
Can’t wait to see it. Did you work on the Supra/M2 video too? That was one of my all time favorite, phenomenal editing. My wife edits too and she thought that was extremely well done. I made her watch it twice haha

• Love

Wait ‘til you see what I’m working on next. ;) To quote @Clark_Kent I am “not without agency.” You’re damn right.

Killer vid of 3 sick cars...looks like it was at Streets of Willow racetrack. Plaid is on another planet! 🚀

Nice editing and production work. 👍

EDD got updated from 10/11-10/27 to 10/27-11/24.. This is ridiculous.

FYI I have a friend that works at the fremont facility, a little insight into what they have seen from a bigger perspective. Obviously they are very behind and backed up in all phases of production. From what they are seeing it is because through 2020 there were furloughs, for many departments, and many furloughed workers just never came back. So they have a high % of brand new employees still learning production roles. Couple that with high demand and you get this catastrophe. Many cars are getting bounced back at inspection because of issues, so for the lucky few that do receive delivery, make sure you go through your checklist thoroughly.
Bringing this back. No car/no vin, this process has beaten me down I can't even argue with sales reps anymore. EDD 11/5-11/29, fully expect to continue to get pushed. Driving a musty rental until Tesla appoints me worthy enough for this car. God I hope all this is worth it.

I learned yesterday that my 1st VIN had a born on date of 11/1 but was a 2021 VIN. Maybe it had started production before 11/1 and came off the line on 11/1? The rep on the phone was trying to tell me it was a 2022 because of the date he saw in their system but once he looked at the VIN he agreed that it was a 2021.
You and I are in the same situation. It's almost comical how one day can make such a difference!

Reactions: Tqdrivenws6

Awesome editing, that's a very well done video. Incredible that the plaid turned such a quick lap, I'm curious how it would change between the 3 cars with repeated lapping like a track day. I had a C5 that took 30 minute sessions at BIR like a champ once I put Wilwood H brake pads on it.

Dude this is freaking amazing. I have a hard time watching most 5min+ videos (thanks to young kids and a currently very hectic life) but just watched this whole thing…and I want more. Awesome video.

Reactions: mT3Silvia

So good dude - loved every minute of it! Really engaging, and I had to watch to the end.

I love electric, but throwing around a RWD car w a manual transmission on a track is still what it's all about. Maybe I can heel/toe my MYP? LOL.

Reactions: Jbapckfan and Tabor

Nice!! I just sling drugs all day (legally.)

Awesome editing, that's a very well done video. Incredible that the plaid turned such a quick lap, I'm curious how it would change between the 3 cars with repeated lapping like a track day. I had a C5 that took 30 minute sessions at BIR like a champ once I put Wilwood H brake pads on it.
Was told that if the Plaid had a proper suspension setup and better brakes the gap would've been enormous.