Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From WAY back on Pg314 I posted the following:

INSIGHT INTO THE ALGORITHM ASSIGNING EDD (ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATES):

Stage 1: Order Time
Estimate 12 weeks out.

Stage 2: Order Completed
EDD Update 1: Push out delivery window start date 30 days (28 day window)
EDD Update 2: Pull in delivery window start date 15 days (30 day window)
EDD Update 3: Push out delivery window start date 60 days - Scare the *sugar* out of customer (30 day window)
EDD Update 4: Pull in EDD Start date 30 days: Customer now happy even though the edd is still 75 days longer than the original estimate (30 day window)
EDD Update 5: Wait till customer is in edd window 2 days. Push out EDD Window start; 4 business days.
Repeat Previous step 4x while leaving the end date the same
EDD Update 10: Release VIN (Customer Happy)
EDD Update 11: Remove VIN Provide no explanation (Customer hopeful... No EDD Change.
EDD Update 12: Push EDD Star window +30 days expand window to 3 weeks
EDD Update 13: Repeat Update 5 process 4 x
EDD Update 18: Release VIN
EDD Update 19: Establish Delivery date

Stage 3: Delivery Car
Final Step: Deliver Car - Several Months past original EDD - Customer Happy

I think I captured the essence of the process. Questions?

I Also Wrote Up this Little Bit of Guidance: It seems to be needed again:

Guidance to customers Awaiting Vehicles:
Tesla delivers it's automotive experience to you in a way that allows you to have a full-featured emotional experience following the final pattern...

1) Denial - "No! They can't have pushed my EDD out that far. I'll call an SA. They couldn't have gotten it that wrong. "
2) Anger - "I Can't believe they pushed my EDD. They CAN'T be doing this to me!! I am to ticked off!!! OMG I'll never see this car!!"
3) Bargaining - "If I add FSD or Tow do you think that my EDD will come in as it's a more valuable car?"
4) Depression - "Oh god. I can't even get out of bed until I check my EDD status.... oh oh... It didn't change.... Staying in bed..... I'll check again."
5) Acceptance - "Oh God!!! I am so happy to be accepting this car despite it's lateness!!!!"

In this forum, we're happy to help you though any stage you happen to be in during your waiting process.... I am personally in stage 3 (bargaining) presently. 2 stages to go!

can I give that at the time of delivery?
To comment further on @Phreddieruxpin response, yes, the cashier's check is absolutely fine. Scheduled my delivery today and confirmed with tesla the cashier's check was still acceptable. IMO, this is best possible way to pay in case there is some glaring defect that makes you want to refuse the vehicle. If you pay ahead of time, you aren't getting your money back while you wait on another car.

I have to make the final payment but I don't wanna give my bank information to plaid. what have you guys done?
When you get to the plaid setup screen, back up one screen and there is a “enter bank information manually” that just uses your bank account and routing info. No plaid required. I just did this a couple days ago and it worked perfectly.

Very interesting approach folks paying for their vehicles sight unseen.
I read somewhere that several people were getting billed twice for the same car, having multiple down payments extracted or even having second orders created that they never authorized... and Tesla making it difficult to get the money back in a timely manner. One of the recommended ways of avoiding that was paying via cashier's check... or so I heard. Maybe someone else has additional info... or maybe cashier's checks are just convenient?