Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like more range, but it makes more sense to go with all the same size tires even if the range difference is negligible. With no tire rotations on the stock wheels, I've been reading the tires last about 15k miles. That means new tires 1-2 times per year for me. On the 19's, it would be new tires every 1.5-2 years. Plus I like the look better. Might as well drop the money now and sell the stock tires and wheels together and recoup most or all of that money.
Ah, I hadn't considered that. My i3 has a staggered setup also, and I've been driving that for 3 years without really noticing it (replaced all 4 once at the 2 year mark), so it never occurred to me to consider that that might be something people would want to avoid. And those 21" tires ain't cheap!

Reactions: lurgid and Viv1984
OK, maybe it's just me, but I find it a little funny that you guys are min-maxing range with totally different wheels... on the Performance model. Is the practical range so low on MYP with the 21" Uberturbines that it can make sense to drop a couple thousand bucks on replacing wheels and tires right off the bat?
It's kinda like ordering a Performance and also applying for Tesla Insurance... yeah, not getting any "good driver" discounts, LOL!

Reactions: Tchao09 and Viv1984
EDD got pushed :(

OD 9/19 White/White No FSD No Tow, 12/19-12/30 to 1/3-1/30

Ughhh

Same config. Ordered 6 days later. Don’t like this look. But have a feeling it’ll reel back in. There will be a lot of EOQ CA cars.. and ordering in September with November estimated delivery.. can’t imagine it stays in January. I’m still expecting a vin every morning so this EDD is incorrect. Lol

Same config. Ordered 6 days later. Don’t like this look. But have a feeling it’ll reel back in. There will be a lot of EOQ CA cars.. and ordering in September with November estimated delivery.. can’t imagine it stays in January. I’m still expecting a vin every morning so this EDD is incorrect. Lol
OD buddy! Wished my EDD didn't change as much as yours though.

Reactions: Luka816
OK, maybe it's just me, but I find it a little funny that you guys are min-maxing range with totally different wheels... on the Performance model. Is the practical range so low on MYP with the 21" Uberturbines that it can make sense to drop a couple thousand bucks on replacing wheels and tires right off the bat?
I don't believe most folks are swapping wheels to get more range.

It would really suck if the used car market values tank before my Tesla is ready.
That aint happening. It may one day, but that's years off. The chip shortage is going to last for several years... and there's going to be grab for battery cells/raw materials as more companies ramp up vehicle production. Ford has nearly 200,000 Lightening orders and had only planned on making about 10,000 per year... they are now upping that to between 20,000-40,000... but the math still doesn't add up.

Used cars will continue to maintain their value, especially EVs... especially Teslas. Teslas in part because the markup is at the factory. With inflation, the chip shortage and the grab for raw materials, the factory price isn't going anywhere but up. So, whereas dealer markups may ease on other vehicles, lowering the private market value as a result, Tesla's won't have that massive devaluation given its highly unlikely Tesla will ever lower the price, but rather just keep it the same and let inflation catchup (if they ever do determine they've raised it too much that is... which is unlikely).

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark_Kent
It's kinda like ordering a Performance and also applying for Tesla Insurance... yeah, not getting any "good driver" discounts, LOL!
I don't think most people doing that, more like a perk of switching to a different wheel.

The only instance in which I could see someone doing that (which is the example I laid out) is if they really want a Tesla SUV now, but prefer the range of the LR. Some nice, aerodynamic 19's on the P should get the range out to 315 or so. Not a bad option, and you can sell factory wheels to cover it... and as an added perk have a faster car with better brakes.

Speed Racer 2 has landed! No pics yet because I’m preparing to go on a road trip. But my ports are all present and aside from some moisture in the taillights and left door camera, it seems a-ok.

How do I submit this to service? And do I wait to do it all at once while I continue to check over the car?

Reactions: DarthStar
This cannot be the end of the story. If the lender claims they paid Tesla then they’ll insist your friend still owes them money…

Also in that three months your friend driving the car, they must be making payment right? I’m a bit confused on they didn’t pay a dime
He told tesla he was trying to get in touch with the lender once the problem presented. The lender insisted they sent payment. Tesla said they hadn't got it. Tesla kept saying don't worry, it'll get sorted out. After 3 months, they just told him they needed the car back. Told me he never paid anything.

Just picked her up:)

C4604865-9255-4044-B547-73420159EF82_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• C4604865-9255-4044-B547-73420159EF82.jpeg
    C4604865-9255-4044-B547-73420159EF82.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59