Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you need 5 days for PPF? Isn't it a 1 day install? It's looking like I have to wait about a month too, I can't take weekdays off until the week of Christmas.
ED9C19B2-EE27-45EF-84F1-E4DF69F1380E.png

This will vary but I am hearing 4-5 days from a few shops locally.

A few random updates:
I had mud flaps and sections of PPF installed and SA implied in our area you get them for free but need to ask for them.

I did receive the full 1 year connectivity and 1000 free supercharging miles (ordered 9/1, used referral link).

If you want faster updates change from standard to advanced in the car software settings to get the update pushed out faster.

I took Speed Racer on our road trip to the in-laws tonight. 315 miles. I was a little frustrated at the range, to be honest. I had to stop in Charlotte (about 150 miles) to charge up. I was at 35% but needed it to make it Georgia. Even then, I would have pulled in at only 11% so I stopped in Columbia to get 15% more charge.

And to piss out some of that Starbucks...

The entire trip used about 150% of charge, all told. Seems high considering range is “supposed” to be 300 miles.
There are a lot of factors that go into making that range. Speed, temperature, wind speed direction, AC usage, heat usage, radio, weight, hills, you name it. Also, range anxiety at first.

All of these Teslas hav fear better range than the 127k original Signature P85 I had ages ago, and they continue to improve. When the 4680 batteries get to the Y, it will be an amazing jump in range. I can imagine the wait for those models will be excruciating, however; Tesla will take care of the Semi’s and probably the Cyber Truck first.

My EDD is 11/28 -12/26, red/white MYP So Cal. Anxiously waiting for that VIN.
I find my fellow LA folks interesting. I only ordered recently but have a narrower EDD in basically the same approximate range as you guys (12/20-31). I ordered white/black no add-ons, for what it’s worth. I wonder if it’s some combination of config, location, and an EOY push that has us all crossing our fingers for a 4-wheeled Christmas gift!

View attachment 736765

A few random updates:
I had mud flaps and sections of PPF installed and SA implied in our area you get them for free but need to ask for them.

I did receive the full 1 year connectivity and 1000 free supercharging miles (ordered 9/1, used referral link).

If you want faster updates change from standard to advanced in the car software settings to get the update pushed out faster.
Oh wow, didn't realize full car takes that much longer. I'm just getting the front of the car, so 1 day install.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I took Speed Racer on our road trip to the in-laws tonight. 315 miles. I was a little frustrated at the range, to be honest. I had to stop in Charlotte (about 150 miles) to charge up. I was at 35% but needed it to make it Georgia. Even then, I would have pulled in at only 11% so I stopped in Columbia to get 15% more charge.

And to piss out some of that Starbucks...

The entire trip used about 150% of charge, all told. Seems high considering range is “supposed” to be 300 miles.
The rated range is based on 100% -> 0%, which is not how these cars are used. On road trips I use an 80% -> 30% window for planning (ABRP is best), which means I stop to charge more often, but for shorter periods...about 15 minutes each. If there isn't a destination charger where I'm going, I do a top off to 80% as close to the destination as possible.

Then there's the battery degradation to consider. After 3600 miles, mine is 7%, so my rated range is now 287 miles vice 309 (and my real world range is actually 250 because I like the accelerator too much). That means my practical range is really around 150 miles. YMMV.

This is my first EV, so all of that was a shock to me, but I've come to accept and embrace it. The Tesla supercharging network makes it worthwhile. I don't know how those Electrify America/non-Tesla folks manage, but that's probably a topic for another thread.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
The rated range is based on 100% -> 0%, which is not how these cars are used. On road trips I use an 80% -> 30% window for planning (ABRP is best), which means I stop to charge more often, but for shorter periods...about 15 minutes each. If there isn't a destination charger where I'm going, I do a top off to 80% as close to the destination as possible.

Then there's the battery degradation to consider. After 3600 miles, mine is 7%, so my rated range is now 287 miles vice 309 (and my real world range is actually 250 because I like the accelerator too much). That means my practical range is really around 150 miles. YMMV.

This is my first EV, so all of that was a shock to me, but I've come to accept and embrace it. The Tesla supercharging network makes it worthwhile. I don't know how those Electrify America/non-Tesla folks manage, but that's probably a topic for another thread.
These are some good points. I hadn't considered all of them... not that it changes my mind on what I want. I did read though that normally you go from 90-25/30.... so 90% being your nominal home charge, not 80? Is 80% the recommended charge for extended battery life? Or are you referring to the % you charge up to at SC stations?

Also, isn't it perfectly fine to do a full charge once in a while, without actually hurting the battery life that much? I swear I read about people who would charge up to 100% before going on road trips, and they'd do it at least once a month or more.

View attachment 736765

A few random updates:

Yeah I already put a deposit down to get both my old X and incoming MYP full stealth wrapped, about 5 days total per car.

Lots of places might cut corners and not wait for panels to dry before cutting edges, and not fully wrap edges and cut directly on paint. He goes to all edges, does basic paint correction, buffs out headlights and puts clear XPEL on all the clear headlight/flog light plastic. And lastly a ceramic coat on top of the whole car.

I might shy away from a place that says they can do it in 1-2 days. Same with price, don’t go too cheap, you will probably pay more in the long run getting it fixed. And check their work before you pay. I watched my guy stealth wrap a lambo to meet him, see his garage and work before I put my money down.

Reactions: mmatlock