Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my vin this morning (343***)! No text or call as of yet. Haven’t yet accepted the vision agreement - I’m out of town until the evening of the 31st and outside the radius for drop off delivery. Anyone know if I can wait a couple days to hit accept and lock in a pick up window that includes the 1st/2nd of January? Or are pick up windows already generated at this stage?

OD 11/10, MSM/white/no tow, Los Angeles area.
You will likely receive 2-3 texts over the next 48 hrs. The last text will give you a timeline (from hours to a vague ‘this afternoon’ or ‘soon’) to accept or the vehicle will move on.

In short once you get a delivery text clock starts. And this week more than any other if they don’t give you a 2022 date as a pickup option they won’t hold the car for you.

You will likely receive 2-3 texts over the next 48 hrs. The last text will give you a timeline (from hours to a vague ‘this afternoon’ or ‘soon’) to accept or the vehicle will move on.

In short once you get a delivery text clock starts. And this week more than any other if they don’t give you a 2022 date as a pickup option they won’t hold the car for you.

Thanks! Here’s hoping.

Edit: welp, already received the text asking me to schedule. Only dates offered are the 29th and 30th, with no option to move the month to January (I thought they were supposed to offer a 3-day window?). I’m hoping they’re closed on NYE and NYD and I’ll actually be able to schedule the 2nd, but I’m sure that’s wishful thinking. Waiting for some response from my SA but hope that if I have to punt on this car the next one doesn’t take too long.

Last edited:
Well, despite the text message a week or so ago saying they expect to build and deliver my MYP in December, my EDD still says Jan 4 - Feb 1 with no VIN.

I am in oregon so there’s still a chance I get a VIN and delivery by EOY but it seems doubtful. I’d expect a VIN or notice from Tesla in the next two days if that’s the case.

I hope if there’s any news on Austin production with 4680s that I hear that before taking delivery. If there is an MYP coming out of Austin in early 2022, I’d love to end up with that.

Well, still no VIN but I did just get this text,

“Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model Y delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.”

I previously told my SA that there is no trade in. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Just got a VIN this morning woohoo should be receiving it these next couple of days. MYP/Black/Black/autopilot/tow OD 12/1.
Called DCU to finalize the loan (super easy) for the full amount including taxes and doc fees so no money up front with a rate of 1.24% for 65 months and no payments for 60 days (financing through Tesla requires paying tax and fees at pickup and they offered 2.49%). Located in LA area.

Just got a VIN this morning woohoo should be receiving it these next couple of days. MYP/Black/Black/autopilot/tow OD 12/1.
Called DCU to finalize the loan (super easy) for the full amount including taxes and doc fees so no money up front with a rate of 1.24% for 65 months and no payments for 60 days (financing through Tesla requires paying tax and fees at pickup and they offered 2.49%). Located in LA area.
Nice!! Did u apply for DCU loan before your vin? or just applied? Wondering if I should wait for vin to apply for loan or not. EDD says 12-31 to 1-28

Nice!! Did u apply for DCU loan before your vin? or just applied? Wondering if I should wait for vin to apply for loan or not. EDD says 12-31 to 1-28
I applied first. Then once I got my VIN, I uploaded the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement with the link they emailed me and then I called them to finalize the loan which took 18 minutes. Super seamless process overall. They just asked that I set up direct deposit for the additional discount within the first 90 days without any verification.

I applied first. Then once I got my VIN, I uploaded the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement with the link they emailed me and then I called them to finalize the loan which took 18 minutes. Super seamless process overall. They just asked that I set up direct deposit for the additional discount within the first 90 days without any verification.
Can someone refer me into DCU? My edd is 1/4-2/1

Thanks! Any idea how long their loan approval is valid for? Dont want to apply too soon given Tesla's drastic EDD changes.

Wish I could take it, but I'm just not in town, and they aren't willing to drop off at my address. Boo!

I thought they were cooling it on the EOQ rush, but who knows: Elon Musk tells Tesla employees to stop rushing to increase quarterly deliveries

Hope someone else here with my spec gets it if I have to pass.
One of those things. Musk can say that, but the corporate engine doesn’t pivot that fast. Likely the SCs and SAs are still incented (bonus, promotions, appraisals) to get cars out the door. And that’s what they will do.

Reactions: Heintzer