Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plot twist, my SA called me this morning asking if I was flexible on color and without tow hitch to take delivery sooner. I said yes, and assigned an MYP Red without tow, fresh off the factory floor and should be here by 12/28 for pick up. I got to keep my pricing from my OD and 1-year premium connectivity. Will come with all season tires too. Way to start off the Christmas weekend!

Pre-delivery recap:
OD: 11/11/21 MYP Blue/Black No addons (hitch added later via VIN offer)
EDD: 11/17 Jan8-Feb5, 11/20 Dec18-Dec31, 11/28 Jan15-Feb12, 12/6 Dec19-Dec31, 12/12 Jan15-Feb12, 12/18 Dec21-Dec27
Trade-in text: 12/11
Call from Tesla: 12/18/21 offering MYP with tow hitch, AS tires, accepted. Received VIN 344xxx
Scheduled Delivery 12/20 for 12/24 (only day offered)

Took delivery today 12/24 after vehicle was ready about 17 minutes late. I got there early hoping to find it on lot to inspect before they were ready but it was in the back lot reserved for staff and they took it inside almost right away for final detailing and wash. I ended up waiting almost an hour for delivery (mostly my fault) and we spent about an hour with checklist items.

My brother and I found 4 minor paint defects which he expects should be satisfactorily repaired without repainting. Have not taken my own pics yet but I will. I was in a crunch for time and very flustered from the excitement.
Front door tiny ding near mirror
In between doors small chip at the edge of both adjacent doors
Rear panel small area of paint sag

Panel gaps were excellent almost everywhere.
Hatch may be slightly misaligned since the gap on the left is slightly bigger than the right, and the upper left corder isn't aligned quite right.

Couple smudges in interior that only needed a wipe, otherwise seems perfect.
I'm pretty happy with the overall build and would hardly have noticed any of the paint issues without an expert.

Couple first impressions as an EV but non-tesla driver:
Rear window view is unexpectedly small
The turn signal confuses me
One pedal driving with brake hold behaves very close to what I'm used to, appreciably strong regen but a little more slide at the very end before coming to a stop.
It is EXTREMELY hard to maintain only 70mph manually even with the best of intentions before the cruise control can activate
Autopilot hugs the left line a little too close for comfort when other vehicles are to the left but it could be perception and I'll probably get more comfortable with it as I gain trust.

1 mild ghost brake, several other slowdowns more cautious than I expected but good after I set AEB to the most minimal setting. I was also initially avoiding enabling TACC when traffic was dense since I didn't want to risk getting rear ended this soon.

I’ve been playing the hold and release game trying to land first week in Jan. Every time I release they assign me a VIN within 48 hours. Craziest thing I’ve seen. I’m up to 3 VINs all different. Last one had a delivery date of 12/27-12/28. I asked to pickup 1/1-1/3 and they said no.

Guess I’ll release my hold again on 12/29 or 12/30. Although at this rate they’ll give me a pickup the next day again. :p
You could tell them you need pickup on the weekend, 27th is a Monday, they're closed for New Years so the next option is the second, could have convinced them if you tried harder

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
I think the manual says you should drive the car something like 20 miles on a 4 lane highway to calibrate the autopilot before it will work properly. Did you do that?
Yeah, I was driving about 12 miles on the highway to the nearest supercharger and saw it go through the learning process but by the time it was finished I had to concentrate on taking the correct exit. Had to wait for next highway stretch to try it out

Mines still at 12/31-1/28/22. Was 12/15-12/31. No vin and no text either. Looks like the white/black combo got the shaft
I agree definitely think white/black got the shaft
Order and profile completed 11/12

And today is 25th

Still with dec 24-31. I guess I need to stop f5 this. So stressful haha

Anyone same boat as me?
Definitely! Ordered on 10/16! White/Black no additions
EDD Windows
12/2-12/30
12/9-12/31
12/29-12/31
12/24-12/31

This morning changed to 12/28-12/31 😅

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Took delivery today 12/24 after vehicle was ready about 17 minutes late. I got there early hoping to find it on lot to inspect before they were ready but it was in the back lot reserved for staff and they took it inside almost right away for final detailing and wash. I ended up waiting almost an hour for delivery (mostly my fault) and we spent about an hour with checklist items.
I forgot to mention, I had mudflaps but not PPF, I pointed it out and they said they already knew but didn't have supply so they'll do it later.

I was surprised it shipped with 2021.44.6 and later that night I got offered and installed 2021.44.25.2! Happy to have a chance to learn v11 before I got used to v10. Thrilled to have the side view cameras come up with the blinker, and megaphone is a lot of fun!

OD MYLR - 11/23
EDD - October 2022
MYLR order cancelled 12/21
———
MYP | White ext | Black int | No FSD | No Tow Hitch
OD - 12/21

EDD(s):
February 2022
February 14 - March 14 (updated on 12/23)

We did the same thing about a month earlier than you. EDD 1/18-2/15 on my MYP. Wanted the P anyway but my wife didn’t want to spend the extra money until the EDD moved out to July for the MYLR.

Reactions: Cyberspeed