Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good suggestion. Before 2:30 PM today, I thought I was driving my MYP home tomorrow. The Tesla SC called because they found a scratch when they went over the car today.

I could delay delivery a week while it is repaired. Or I could accept delivery, get it repaired at my leisure, and get a loaner while it is in for repair.

After talking with the SC more - we decided I will accept delivery tomorrow, so that I can become eligible for a loaner. Then I can also inspect the car for other issues before it is sent to the auto body shop. I still have to wait 1 additional week for the vehicle; but I will get a Model X loaner for the week. I live in Michigan, so I technically already have a loan for the vehicle, and my first payment is coming up.
I don’t believe there will be any issues with me accepting delivery tomorrow & sending it for repair vs. me delaying delivery a week. Thankfully, the GR SC has been great to work with, and appreciate their flexibility.

53360DE0-9DA9-4719-B93B-FF7CB9D2A482.jpeg

My Sa told me to wait until it hits the destination pick-up lot and passes inspection. what happens if the car doesn't make it or gets damaged? This is the car I bought in August 2021. 2018 BMW M4 hard top convertible. Took 2 months to get my money back. Then I put the order in for the MYP,(Oct 21) because I couldn't afford a used 2019 Model S Ludicrous because of chip shortage....

Well happy days! I got a VIN (NF377XXX)!

I'm doomed to Intel though aren't I? My wife will be driving this in the near term, and I don't think she can stand to wait any longer. :)
I had intel on our 21 MYLR, you will honestly not notice anything with the vehicle unless you are parking a lot and want to stream movies or play games. Yes the Ryzen is better but it doesn't really affect normal day to day driving like some folks are making it out to be, it is getting blown out of proportion. Just me 2c

I had intel on our 21 MYLR, you will honestly not notice anything with the vehicle unless you are parking a lot and want to stream movies or play games. Yes the Ryzen is better but it doesn't really affect normal day to day driving like some folks are making it out to be, it is getting blown out of proportion. Just me 2c
Now sure, but with software updates it's hard to say that will hold true a year from now.

I didn’t get the fuss at first either but I have 2 coworkers who have MYP. One got his last year (Intel) and another just recently got Ryzen 2 weeks ago. The UI is definitely smoother and noticeable when using side by side. One you see how fast Ryzen is it’s hard to unsee it.

do the Sales Agent look up the spec on the car using the VIN number .. which i suspect shows all the details?
ie .. . AMD Chip
type of tires
Li-ion battery
heated wipers
Heated Steering wheel
dual pane glass on front doors
ETC???
so many people are saying their vin numbers are showing Atom/Intel chips/ no li-ion batteries no Michelin tires A/S etc..

My vin is 374xxx delivery date set as Feb 28 12pm in west palm beach .. my SA answered these questions on my vin as YES it has all those items : AMD chip, wipers, steering wheel, dual pane glass on front doors, li-ion battery and Michelin A/S tires are on my car...

But people with higher Vin numbers are getting different answers.. I am very confused how they put Vin numbers on cars.. Mine was built 2/3/2022 according to the SA...
thanks for any REAL answers.. not speculation

just got off the phone with the Call Center and they confirmed again my VIN 374xxx has the AMD chip, Michelin A/S tires, Dual pane glass on front door, Heated wipers in stowed position, Heated steering wheel and Li-ion battery..

Last edited:
do the Sales Agent look up the spec on the car using the VIN number .. which i suspect shows all the details?
ie .. . AMD Chip
type of tires
Li-ion battery
heated wipers
Heated Steering wheel
dual pane glass on front doors
ETC???
so many people are saying their vin numbers are showing Atom/Intel chips/ no li-ion batteries no Michelin tires A/S etc..

My vin is 374xxx delivery date set as Feb 28 12pm in west palm beach .. my SA answered these questions on my vin as YES it has all those items : AMD chip, wipers, steering wheel, dual pane glass on front doors, li-ion battery and Michelin A/S tires are on my car...

But people with higher Vin numbers are getting different answers.. I am very confused how they put Vin numbers on cars.. Mine was built 2/3/2022 according to the SA...
thanks for any REAL answers.. not speculation
Usually your SA or Tesla online support or call can use the VIN to at least see the details like this, Yes.

From initial data, it seems as though VIN's 376+ are being hit with Intel chips after the last month batch prior being AMD. Seeing it happen in the M3 thread and for MYLR as well now.

Reactions: backlash224
Assigned a VIN this morning. NF377xxx.
OD - 1/26/22, you can see my build info in my signature.
CONFIRMED: Intel
For what its worth....we've decided to keep the assigned VIN. Thinking about it all day (and making myself mental), would it have been nice to have the AMD, yes, but I just feel it's not a much of a deal breaker to my wife and I, as it may be to others. We're not worried about tires that come on it as we were already prepared to purchase a different set of wheels and snow tires to switch off for the different seasons. Worse case, if the Intel really starts acting up after a year, we'll put in another order for a 2023 MY and trade it in. I don't think it's trade value will be that terrible after 12 months, plus we'll have a shot at getting an Austin 4680 Build.

We've been scheduled for pick-up (tentatively) for 2/25/22 so we'll update once we take delivery.

AND...I do have a Cybertruck on order that I reserved during the unveiling event, so I have that to look forward to.

Hope everyone, who's been waiting much longer than us, gets assigned a VIN soon!

I was a little mad at first and then I was like yeah I drove a model 3 for two years and never had a problem ,whatever. Not like I’ll keep this car forever , in a few years it’ll probably be upgraded a ton compared to today and I can just buy another one

I was a little mad at first and then I was like yeah I drove a model 3 for two years and never had a problem ,whatever. Not like I’ll keep this car forever , in a few years it’ll probably be upgraded a ton compared to today and I can just buy another one
Yep. I had the exact same thought. Have a 2019 M3 and it's never been a significant issue, so why should I care now?

For those who rejected their Intel VINs, did you get reassigned a new ViN right away or did u just get a new EDD?
My SA said he’d delay assigning a new VIN for 48 hours so that I didn’t get the same vehicle assigned to me. I rejected my initial VIN Wednesday afternoon around 4pm. I suppose I should see some difference tomorrow around that time, wether it be a new VIN or a new EDD. I’ll post back here when I see something.

Picking up our car tomorrow! Booked for ceramic interior and exterior Saturday morning. May tint front windows while it is there but think I’m going to skip ppf.
I’d skip interior ceramic if you’re going to skip anything…. It’s pretty worthless imo. My 10 month old M3P has blue Jean transfer that won’t completely come out, and I had Gyeon ceramic applied when new

Assigned a VIN this morning. NF770xxx.
OD - 1/26/22, you can see my build info in my signature.

My SA confirmed build date was today, 2/10/22 and it has Intel chip. He wasn’t sure whether it had all season tires or not and he has no insight into what they are doing with the Intel and AMD chips. He estimates delivery by 2/24. I’m located in southeastern PA.

SA also advised the order agreement states I may reject one VIN, when they present a second VIN, if I do not take delivery, the company has the option of cancelling the order.

Not sure what to do. Should I just be happy that the car is on its way or hold out for AMD to futureproof the car. Ugh.

Anybody in Texas seen any VIN action? Not related to Austin, just in general.
I've gotten no movement. In weeks. (Austin).