Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I am a new member. This is my first post.
Ordered a MYP white/black, no fsd, no tow on 1/12/22; Original EDD 3/4-3/21. Changed few days back to 2/21-3/7.
VIN assigned yesterday 376***
Text support confirmed it was manufactured in February, had Intel chip, no Li-12v battery, and no all season tires, and odometer was 15.
When i called to talk to someone, they confirmed above. Said all season tires only go to regions with snow, and for Atlanta only regular tires. I released the VIN and placed a 30 day hold. Perhaps ignorance might have been bliss, but following this forum and reddit made me aware of the fact they reverted from AMD back to Intel chips. The advisor also told me that I am only allowed to hold once, and if i reject the next VIN they assign, i may forfeit my $250 deposit. Wanted to share, though I suspect most folks on this forum know all this :)
Thanks.

MYP /W/B/no tow/No FSD OD 1/12; EDD 3/4-3/28; 2/21-3/7; on hold
Indeed. Lets be honest, even if you reject again you're only out $250. A small price to pay if it means getting what you want.

Reactions: mrc73
Indeed. Lets be honest, even if you reject again you're only out $250. A small price to pay if it means getting what you want.
Thank you. Agree totally.
I saw the first reports about US made MY having the AMD chip and all the buzz about how much faster it is etc in late December. So when I ordered mine in mid Jan, I was anticipating this to be the default, especially seeing everyone was getting the new chip (along with the Li battery, heated wipers etc). It was perplexing that all on a sudden, almost a month later, the configuration being offered was back to a 2021 model. If my next VIN happened to be also an Intel chip, it would be tempting to walk and start again in a few months (provided our 18 year old minivan holds out a bit longer) :)

I saw the first reports about US made MY having the AMD chip and all the buzz about how much faster it is etc in late December. So when I ordered mine in mid Jan, I was anticipating this to be the default, especially seeing everyone was getting the new chip (along with the Li battery, heated wipers etc). It was perplexing that all on a sudden, almost a month later, the configuration being offered was back to a 2021 model. If my next VIN happened to be also an Intel chip, it would be tempting to walk and start again in a few months (provided our 18 year old minivan holds out a bit longer) :)
Yeah, my only reserve is the loan rate and price. It'll. My order is from before the last price increase (had it on hold), so it'll cost me 1250 to reorder... and likely pay a much higher interest rate. Oh well... even 1250 is pennies when you're talking 65,000

Also, think about your future plans. The 4680 battery and all that jazz will be coming out within the next months-year. Do you plan to keep this specific Tesla for years or upgrade in a year or two? Always be new stuff and tech coming. That’s Tesla. Kind of my thought when I was so stuck on AMD, but now thinking if Intel I may just accept since I’ll likely “upgrade” within 2 years anyways. The Intel won’t hurt resale as the average consumer isn’t aware of this stuff.

Also, think about your future plans. The 4680 battery and all that jazz will be coming out within the next months-year. Do you plan to keep this specific Tesla for years or upgrade in a year or two? Always be new stuff and tech coming. That’s Tesla. Kind of my thought when I was so stuck on AMD, but now thinking if Intel I may just accept since I’ll likely “upgrade” within 2 years anyways. The Intel won’t hurt resale as the average consumer isn’t aware of this stuff.

Oh man you're at bargaining stage already? I'm still at anger in the 5 stages of grief.

Oh man you're at bargaining stage already? I'm still at anger in the 5 stages of grief.
Yeah this is me right now.

larry-david-unsure.gif

Well stated. When I purchased our MYP is was coming with intel, 2170, normal battery etc etc. I knew that going in. Sure it is nice to get extras and those extras folks will value more or less. However again I knew what I was buying to begin with. I will take what I bought. you don't get to "reserve" an Iphone 13 at the Iphone 13 price in August and then in September after they launch the 14 you get the 14 instead at that price. It just doesn't happen that way.

There is always going to be new and improved. It happens all the time with everything. We will keep the car as long as needed and wanted. If/when the time comes (will for sure be before the warranty expires) then we will get the next latest and greatest. The folks waiting around to me might as well just keep waiting around. Tesla will announce the next upgrades when these next upgrades are being delivered. It is called technology. Same thing happens with computers. If you wait for the "next" then you are probably not viewing this forum on a computer. Continue to hold it is your prerogative, meanwhile I will be driving with smiles.

Chasing tech is one thing, and we all need to be aware of the dysfunctional pull of FOMO.. But this one is different.

The main problem is that Tesla pulled this Ryzen/Intel bait and switch out of the blue, didn't provide a reason why (supply, problems w/ AMD, range hit, etc.), and doesn't appear concerned that customers are being asked to accept what is perceived as "old tech" after the "new tech" was released just last month. We're not talking about a benign swap of a component that the customer will never notice. This one is a well publicized change that affects the speed and responsiveness of the main interface to the product (which is the car). In the computer world, people upgrade CPUs and GPUs all the time to squeeze a little more performance from their systems, so a regressive move from a higher performing system back to a lower performing system isn't insignificant to this audience.

Makes no sense. Tesla is a strange company when it comes to customer relations.

Chasing tech is one thing, and we all need to be aware of the dysfunctional pull of FOMO.. But this one is different.

The main problem is that Tesla pulled this Ryzen/Intel bait and switch out of the blue, didn't provide a reason why (supply, problems w/ AMD, range hit, etc.), and doesn't appear concerned that customers are being asked to accept what is perceived as "old tech" after the "new tech" was released just last month. We're not talking about a benign swap of a component that the customer will never notice. This one is a well publicized change that affects the speed and responsiveness of the main interface to the product (which is the car). In the computer world, people upgrade CPUs and GPUs all the time to squeeze a little more performance from their systems, so a regressive move from a higher performing system back to a lower performing system isn't insignificant to this audience.

Makes no sense. Tesla is a strange company when it comes to customer relations.
When you placed your order did they have Intel or AMD? That’s my point. You bought the car knowing it had Intel. Sure AMD may be better, faster, stronger but Tesla owes us nothing if we bought knowing the tech it had. Sure again NICE TO HAVE a freebie but they could also say “sorry Montucky when you placed your order we had Intel processors, now we have a much better AMD and that will cost you $1000 more. Pay up”. But they don’t.

When you placed your order did they have Intel or AMD? That’s my point. You bought the car knowing it had Intel. Sure AMD may be better, faster, stronger but Tesla owes us nothing if we bought knowing the tech it had. Sure again NICE TO HAVE a freebie but they could also say “sorry Montucky when you placed your order we had Intel processors, now we have a much better AMD and that will cost you $1000 more. Pay up”. But they don’t.
Many of us ordered after the AMD CPU and new 12v battery was announced. So our expectation going into this was the newer technology, not a regression.

Did a rep also told you that your car will roll out of the factory today, and we'll get our cars this week? Similar to yours, my EDD just changed from 2/7-3/7 to 2/10-3/7. Seeing this wide of an EDD, it's really worrisome if what the reps claimed will hold true... I guess we'll wait till the end of day and see if Tesla's EDD system lies, again...
Changed this morning from 2/10-3/7 to 2/14-3/14 :-(

Did you put it on hold or just reject? Seems like many are rematched very quickly after which may very well be an Intel again. Tesla states in the agreement you can reject once VIN and they can auto cancel your order if you do it again if chosen.

I haven't gotten my VIN yet, so debating what I'll do if it's Intel. I'd lose about $3.5k if I had my order canceled and went in at current pricing.
I rejected and placed the order into hold status for 30 days. Pretty annoyed with this process. I test drove a Tesla Model Y Performance yesterday with a Ryzen processor in it, yet I get assigned a VIN with an Intel Atom. So dumb. I also love the, "there's no difference between the processors" response that I've gotten from the SAs. Sure, maybe today there isn't a huge difference. What about 3-6 years down the line after many future software updates and new features? There will surely be a big difference in performance by then.

Hah, this is all fine and good, but if someone cancelled an older order for a MYP that was booked for $1,000 (say in november...) less because they wanted a car with the AMD in production. That would be especially painful imo - rejecting intel cars on an old order to get AMD. Not getting the AMD, order gets cancelled. You order again for $1,000 while AMD is being distributed, you then get assigned another Intel car.

That's the kind of *sugar* people hate.

On a side note. This filter cracks me up.... 'sugar' lol.

Reactions: goin2drt